Patch One is Go

Nate Simpson

2 hours ago, minerbat said:

it seems like the timewarp bar is no longer hidden when you pres f2... also vall canyon floor seems to not be fixed yet unlike apparently mohole

I know that previously basically any area with extreme terrain was broken, I know lots of people clipped through Bop and I had personal experience in clipping through the south pole Eeloo canyon (which is massive). Dont know how much they fixed these areas

The thing that worries me greatly is maneuver node (MN) precision. If you go with the easiest thing, set one up for the Mun, and lock SAS on target, following those instructions results in waaaay off trajectory. Same thing was present in KSP 1. How I'm I supposed to hit another star system like this, I dunno... I'm hoping this is one of the biggest priorities for the dev team.

1 minute ago, cocoscacao said:

The thing that worries me greatly is maneuver node (MN) precision. If you go with the easiest thing, set one up for the Mun, and lock SAS on target, following those instructions results in waaaay off trajectory. Same thing was present in KSP 1. How I'm I supposed to hit another star system like this, I dunno... I'm hoping this is one of the biggest priorities for the dev team.

I have to assume that this issue has been solved since Interstellar presumably works internally, and we just don't have the privilege of seeing exactly how quite yet

1 hour ago, Yakez said:

Any timeline on Borderless Window being working feature? Game do not really work with multiple monitor setups... like at all.

Yeah, that would be nice. Until they fix it, you can launch KSP2_x64.exe with the option -popupwindow (via shortcut, batch file or command line). If you then set KSP to windowed, you'll get borderless window.

If you want to launch via Steam (for overlay or time tracking, idk), you can set the launch options in Steam to the following (adapt if your steam is installed somewhere else)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2\KSP2_x64.exe" -popupwindow %command%

I'm not aware of any way to do that while also using the PD launcher, though.

1 minute ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

I have to assume that this issue has been solved

That would mean there are 2 separate builds. One internal, and one for EA. Hiding colony and rocket parts from us is one thing, but this is a core feature.

I think I'm going crazy.

Has anyone else noticed issues with control surfaces (mainly wings)? My Pitch is now inverted with the new patch. Inverting it manually brings Pitch back to normal, but Roll isn't.

It's actually visible on the comparison video I posted on the last page. Upon lifting off with the fighter, you can see how my wings behaved normally in 0.1.0.0 but on 0.1.1.0 it's all messed up, to the point where flying becomes frustrating. Pitching up makes wings pitch down. Inverting it fixes pitch, but roll is unaffected.

Is this known @Dakota @Nate Simpson?

And as a plus, enabling SAS while inverted will throw your vehicle into an uncontrollable spin.

(The only reason the plane in that vid flies "well" is because those two engines give a lot of control authority)

Edited by MARL_Mk1

15 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

The maneuver node problems are discussed in length in at least three threads:

Spoiler

In short: You can currently get accurate maneuver execution by switching SAS to direction hold (instead of maneuver follow) before the burn start. The 2nd problem (node resetting when switching between map and flight view) should be already fixed.

Edited by Draradech

@cocoscacao Apologies, it looks like I misunderstood you. I just wanted to point out that the nodes themselves are actually precise already (and for low-twr craft much more precise than KSP1 was).
The problem in execution is the discrepancy between the burn direction the node has planned (which is fixed), and the direction indicated on the navball and followed by SAS (which drifts during your burn).

7 minutes ago, Draradech said:

Apologies, it looks like I misunderstood you

Next time, I will not be so forgiving ;p

7 minutes ago, Draradech said:

the direction indicated on the navball and followed by SAS (which drifts during your burn).

I've noticed it drifts slightly (and incrementally) under time warp. But it stays perfectly on focus in real time. 

Edited by cocoscacao

6 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

@whatsEJstandfor I mean... duh... git branches and all. But this is a core feature. I would assume that, by now, it is done, dusted, and shared among all of them.

This is a genuine question...

What do you think they develop and test with? This isn't branched versions in a repo I'm talking about, I mean, how many working release and staging builds with differing combinations of features (and therefore code) do you think a game dev studio have at any one time?

They've been playing in-house with Multiplayer for what, over a year now? they absolutely will still be putting together features in the release build that are more refined in other branches, but Dev cycles aren't as straightforward as multiple developers working off a git repo and pushing to prod when they're happy with it, QA and UAT is often the most time consuming part (when done properly) from my experience. No doubt there are core features (like the manoeuvre planner) waiting QA and UAT testing for different iterations. IQ would have likely picked the most stable one off the shelf when assembling the EA release build so they could meet Take2's demands.

8 minutes ago, FlickAndSnorty said:

What do you think they develop and test with? This isn't branched versions in a repo I'm talking about, I mean, how many working release and staging builds with differing combinations of features (and therefore code) do you think a game dev studio have at any one time?

So let's assume they've released an inferior version of maneuver node... Then they have to waste time fixing it for the next patch... Even though they've got it working on some other branch... I don't get it... More clarification please?

I never had any doubts even with the major bugs on release but it's night and day, it really is. What a wonderful effort over the last 3 weeks by the team. Your continued love and confidence in the title you have developed is something you should be very proud of, and it justifies my excitement in the future of KSP2 which I've displayed pretty openly over the last few weeks.

Long weekend well-earned I'd say!

SM

6 hours ago, Jacob Kerman said:

No, I've played KSP 1 since 2016, but I've never heard that term used before

In short - a succession of boosters that drain in succession and then are jettisoned. It gives very efficient fuel usage. Just look up a YouTube and you'll see. Easier to see than explain...

This patch is soooooooo much better, downright heroic improvement! *Round of applause*

Love the new manoeuvre nodes with the long handles - not only much better than before, but also fixes a major niggle from KSP1.

Also the manoeuvre line connecting the concentric circle thingies indicating entry/exit from an SOI - that's so useful, now I can see the purpose of the circles beyond just looking pretty! :happy:

1 hour ago, Emanuel01 said:

The game does feel significantly better in every aspect. From the UI to the performance. Good job team, can't wait for the content updates now

I hope we are far from content updates, this game now needs as many updates like this.

2 minutes ago, jebycheek said:

For those who haven't update:the game is geting better,most obvious is the performance. but there is still some painful issues they didn't fixed. just keep waiting. 

Fly safe. 

Well if they stay consistent with updates as big as this one is every few weeks then I expect most people to be happy pretty soon.