Update Where?

Fullmetal Analyst

My bet is on 6am PST. Same time they released EA.

I imagine they're in California, timing the patch release to coincide with the beginning of their day so they can put out fires all workday, create a new plan for priorities, and deal with any media praise or fallout before early evening. That way everyone in development gets some sleep on Thursday night.

But that's just a guess.

1 minute ago, Socraticat said:

My bet is on 6am PST. Same time they released EA.

I imagine they're in California, timing the patch release to coincide with the beginning of their day so they can put out fires all workday, create a new plan for priorities, and deal with any media praise or fallout before early evening. That way everyone in development gets some sleep on Thursday night.

But that's just a guess.

I think they're based in Seattle.

Your assumption they'll release the patch at the same time of day they released the EA is a good one I think. That's when I'm expecting it too

3 minutes ago, Sequence said:

I think they're based in Seattle.

You got me googling. They're based in New York with offices located in Seattle, Las Vegas, and Munich.

I'm still rolling with the West Coast estimate.

1 minute ago, The Aziz said:

They are in Seattle and it's 3am there. Nobody's at work. It's going to be in 3 hours at the earliest, maybe a bit later.

Somebody is there. Just as excited as the rest of us. It's probably already been uploaded, waiting for the automatic distribution at 6am. Someone is standing by to watch it happen.

1 hour ago, Socraticat said:

You got me googling. They're based in New York with offices located in Seattle, Las Vegas, and Munich.

Somebody is there. Just as excited as the rest of us. It's probably already been uploaded, waiting for the automatic distribution at 6am. Someone is standing by to watch it happen.

Excited for what?  They aren’t fixing or adding anything of significance this patch.

49 minutes ago, RaBDawG said:

Excited for what?  They aren’t fixing or adding anything of significance this patch.

How do you know? I didn't think they'd released the full patch notes yet. Have you got a link? 

56 minutes ago, RaBDawG said:

If they fixed the bugs Nate’s post almost two weeks ago said were fixed already, those will be significant by any measure. 

1 hour ago, RaBDawG said:

That's the exact kind of garbage ungratefulness that has no place on the forum. The patch hasn't dropped.

Why are people so rude and ungrateful?

Is this the "act entitled" thread? No.

It's the "when" thread. So get out of here with that attitude and be patient, son.

2 hours ago, Socraticat said:

So much for 6am PST  

I can't wait for the patch notes. The list they put out two weeks ago was solid by itself, and I expect they got probably 75% more significant fixes in before handing off to QA, and have probably already gotten another 75% worth done since then that'll go into the next patch. It makes me fantasize that patch 2 will come out ~3/31. And as they go on, the fixes will be bigger. I imagine a person crunching through a sizeable rework that'll take 6 weeks, just to have it land satisfyingly on patch 3. I don't expect this patch to really transform it or double the framerate...that'll take a couple of those bigger fixes to really make a difference. I think patch 3 or 4 will be when people start going "alright, this is the EA I signed up for and I love it!".

51 minutes ago, Sequence said:

How do you know? I didn't think they'd released the full patch notes yet. Have you got a link? 

This is the thing guys.   Those who know can’t say until they actually release the patch.    That will come when it comes.    If they say Friday and end up pushing it back till Monday for reasons, then the whole world ends for certain people.     

Until then, let’s keep the discussion civil and purposeful.    If you don’t have anything constructive to add, then it’s better off left unsaid.   Please don’t spam the threads with videos and such.   

shocking even if they put the patch up  i do not thank no one well be happy.  a lot of triggered people in here.  and same people that bash and complain as the ones that bashed and complained before it came out.    funny i see the same old faces in here as i do in steam  and discord.  trolling like it is the end of the world.  you did not even wont ksp2 to make it.     i mad also. but i am not bashing.  hoping and praying they dont bail  waiting on that update like everyone els.  but bashing atm is telling them to run.  seems like thats what you all trying to do.   

When’s the update?

When it’s ready! The target is today (16th), no time specified, if they find something critical that needs to be fixed before the release then it’ll be later, but it won’t be any earlier. It’s only 7:30am in Seattle where the KSP2 team are based - according to several of the dev blogs over recent years - so there’s a whole working day for a release to be finalised, which could end up being Friday in other time zones.

3 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

When it’s ready! The target is today (16th), no time specified, if they find something critical that needs to be fixed before the release then it’ll be later, but it won’t be any earlier

One sign indicating it’s still today (besides the posts in the dev_tracker channel on the IG Discord) - none of the Steam depots have been updated since yesterday. Usually, every weekday for the past 3 weeks, several development and playtest/release test branches have been updated by now in the mornings, and sometimes throughout the day.

I suspect they’ve given the developers a day or two off to rest pending the release of today’s patch.