Update Where?

Fullmetal Analyst

14 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

none of the Steam depots have been updated since yesterday. Usually, every weekday for the past 3 weeks,

i think they became paranoid about uploading to steam now because people kept posting about it and drawing conclusions xD

its also bad practice to upload a new build every 30 minutes on steam, it makes no sense, especially when these builds will never be released

Edited by Fullmetal Analyst

6 minutes ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

i think they became paranoid about uploading to steam now because people kept posting about it and drawing conclusions xD

its also bad practice to upload a new build every 30 minutes on steam, it makes no sense, especially when these builds will never be released

They really should name the patch “bigKSP2newstomorrow” when they do upload it, just to metatroll the discord.

1 hour ago, LameLefty said:

I suspect they’ve given the developers a day or two off to rest pending the release of today’s patch. 

If they're releasing today they are likely in the office to celebrate all the positive reactions on the forum and on Discord. Because I doubt there will be any complaints about the patch.

21 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

If they're releasing today they are likely in the office to celebrate all the positive reactions on the forum and on Discord. Because I doubt there will be any complaints about the patch.

I’m sure the folks in the $50 is a lot of money/EA should be feature complete and bug free/want the game to run at 200fps on their decade old potato camp will find something to complain about…

48 minutes ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

FEHStDr.png

It’s currently 09:38 PST.  They’re probably still in the pre-launch meeting…

2 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm not a plurality. 

(At least not since the lobotomy.) 

You may safely and without risk of offense, assume my gender from my name!

Name and Marine description.... A Dude. Also, if you really were a Marine, thank you for your service.

6 minutes ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

It’s currently 09:38 PST.  They’re probably still in the pre-launch meeting

Yeah, and after that, I'd have a cup of coffee. Maybe check email. Get sidetracked with a cat video. A colleague asks me to go to the shop with him to grab snacks for the team. Dammit, it's already lunch time... Ungh, I guess we'll release it with our bellies full. Maybe have another coffee for better digestion. Tell colleagues a joke. Show them that funny cat video from earlier. It's 17:30 already?!? Oh buggers, we'll do it tomorrow...

12 minutes ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

I’m sure the folks in the $50 is a lot of money/EA should be feature complete and bug free/want the game to run at 200fps on their decade old potato camp will find something to complain about…

FWIW -

• I do think it is valid to complain that it wasn't released in an acceptable EA state from a studio of this size.
  • I do think it is valid to be concerned at the early lack of a Communications Strategy that acknowledged the rough state of the game
    • The continued paucity of communication with the core community (this one)
    • The continued focus on "all is well, let's do a challenge" and marketing 'funny videos' when the game is actually in a pay-to-Alpha/Beta state
    • All of which results in growing reputational damage to the franchise; which matters to me as a non-investor b/c I honestly want the game to succeed - and absent quantity sales, it won't
  • We should be concerned that there is no real way to submit crash logs / bug reports other than textually or with jpgs.  (This indicates that player submitted bug reports are data-free and anecdotal, so not really the kind of thing that happens in a true- Alpha/Beta scenario.)
  • It is fair to complain that so many core features don't work

But complaining the patch isn't out yet - mere hours after sunrise on the West Coast is faulty

Complaining that you can't afford a new GPU - as if that was the Dev's fault - is stupid

But people are going to anyway.

9 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

FWIW -

• I do think it is valid to complain that it wasn't released in an acceptable EA state from a studio of this size.
  • I do think it is valid to be concerned at the early lack of a Communications Strategy that acknowledged the rough state of the game
    • The continued focus on "all is well, let's do a challenge" and marketing 'funny videos' when the game is actually in a pay-to-Alpha/Beta state
    • All of which results in growing reputational damage to the franchise; which matters to me as a non-investor b/c I honestly want the game to succeed - and absent quantity sales, it won't
  • We should be concerned that there is no real way to submit crash logs / bug reports other than textually or with jpgs.  (This indicates that player submitted bug reports are data-free and anecdotal, so not really the kind of thing that happens in a true- Alpha/Beta scenario.)

But complaining the patch isn't out yet - mere hours after sunrise on the West Coast is faulty

Complaining that you can't afford a new GPU - as if that was the Dev's fault - is stupid

Of course they are, either to cause issues or because they're entitled. It happens everywhere. You should have seen space engineers xbox one release go down on their forums. I still have trauma.

Edited by Jacob Kerman
Not this forum

Just now, Jacob Kerman said:

Of course they are, either to cause issues or because they're entitled. It happens everywhere. You should have seen space engineers xbox one release go down on the forums. I still have trauma.

That's the primary reason I refuse to go on Discord.

1 hour ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

FWIW -

So, FWIW, there’s a difference between the sort of entitled toxic gamer whinging that I’ve been toxically whinging about, and the mostly justified and fairly reasonable complaints that you’ve listed.   I’m less fussed about the state of the EA and comms than you are, but that’s not a biggie.

Tone matters too, and you’re a long standing member of the forums who’s been contributing since long before I delurked.  I’ve not been lobbing rocks at people like you because your complaints come from a positive place.

5 minutes ago, Wheehaw Kerman said:

Tone matters too

I agree - and I hope my tone did not come off too snarky; wasn't personal!

(Nothing exists in a vacuum - and I'm just as frustrated with you by the 'my 1997 Dell Laptop should play KSP2!)