Losing commnet connection after undocking

BeanX

I noticed a bug where Iose commnet connection after undocking, if I keep it undocked and quicksave, then load the save the commnet connection is restored 

Edited by BeanX

14 hours ago, Ravlain said:

I think the error is the message, I had the message, but switching SAS/RCS back on left the probe controllable (but in a landed state).

It's not just the message, I wasn't able to control the vehicle at all, only after quicksaving and loading the save. This was done in LKO btw.

KSP Version: 0.1.1.0.21572

Operating System and version: Windows 10

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz and GPU NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, 32GB RAM

Description of the bug: Loss of Comm Net when decoupling/undocking issue persists following update. I have tried a few tests with no luck in finding a work around. 

Test 1: Created a craft with a large manned pod with a truss attached. On the sides of the truss I put a small truss with a stack separator. I then created a craft that going from where I was to connect to the stack separator outward contained (all small parts) battery, probe core, reaction wheel, battery, communotron 16-S. I then launched the craft. While on the launch pad I staged triggering the stack separator. This resulted in the probe to get the orange comm symbol and to have no comm net on the launchpad.

Test 2: Using the same craft from Test 1 but I removed the stack separator and installed small docking ports on the probe and the mothership and then connected them. Again I launched. This time right clicking on the docking port undock. This again resulted in the probe losing comm net. I reverted to launch and tried again by selecting the other of the 2 docking ports, but the same issue occurred.

Test 3: I took the small stock rover and put an XS docking port on the nose of it. I then launched one of these rovers on each of the runways. I drove one over to the other runway and docked them nose to nose. This time as soon as the 2 vessels docked i lost comm net and got the orange symbol. I was able to right click on one of the docking ports and undock the 2 rovers. When undocked neither of them had comm net.

Expected Behavior: Undocking/decoupling should not effect comm net if both vessels have sufficient power, antennae, and probe core.

Observed Behavior: Undocking/decoupling causes unmanned craft to lose comm net

Steps to Replicate

Fixes / Workarounds (if known..): Unknown

A list of ALL mods. If the list is long, please consider using a spoiler window: No mods installed

Other Notes / Screenshots / Log Files (if possible..)

Update. I uninstalled the game, rebooted, and then reinstalled the game. I then loaded in, started a new career, and attempted test 3 again. Sadly the fresh install did not fix this issue. Once again as soon as they docked together on the runway Comm Net and all control was lost. Decoupling separated the 2 rovers with no kaboom, but then left me with 2 uncontrollable rovers clogging up the runway :( 

Update number 2

Thanks to a kind soul in one of the other threads there is a work around. After docking/undocking/decoupling and losing Comm Net if you quick save and then reload you get comm net back!