Keep it all in Perspective

LeroyJenkins

I want to share some thoughts on how this game is coming together and the wide variety of reactions. I do acknowledge that the EA 0.1.0.0 release was very rough, but hey its EA. Yes for some the price was a bit high for EA quality, though as it was stated, the price will go up once its out of EA. So you are buying at a discount overall. If that's not your cup of soup, no worries. That's your personal choice, but it does not have be everyone's. Yes 0.1.1.0 took longer than some other games first patches, but look how much the DEVs did address, many of which were direct feedback from the player community. Which is the point of EA, and what the DEVs wanted. Those that gave constructive feedback, were definitely listened to. Yeah not everything was addressed, can't expect that either. Its still in EA and the DEVs said that they are already working on Patch 2 even before the first one got released today. Today's patch is a major improvement and not the last one we'll see, I am sure. Instead of getting frustrated, why not help the community and the DEVs with constructive input/feedback. This not only makes it a better game for you, but for everyone. Plus you can take pride that your inputs became part of a game that 1,000s will play. This kind of player/developer interaction is a new and exciting exchange that was unheard of for a long time. Trust me, when Pong or Atari Space Invaders crashed, we had know no one to chat with, provide feedback to or see an update/fix. The game was as IS. Best we could do is power cycle or blow on the cartridge. Take advantage of this unique and cool interaction rather than negatively impacting it.

If your rocket blew up or crashed all of a sudden, you should not have a full on emotional melt down. The game is centered around failure, look at all the promo videos for both KSP1 and KSP2, the Kerbal's are constantly having accidents. We are supposed to push the limits of design and see what blows up and what doesn't, that's part of the fun of the game. OK, bug induced failures is annoying. But see it as a way to be more creative in your designs to get around the bugs. If it's a bug, report it constructively and move on. Just like Bram Stoker said "We learn from Failure, not Success." Avail yourself of this opportunity. Rocket Science and Orbit Mechanics are not easy in real life, why should it be so here? Just think about all the rocket launch failures around the world since the 1940's to get to where we are now. I know, I've worked in the Aerospace industry for a long time. Ive seen first hand rocket failures, learned from that and made the next a success. I would of killed for such a game as this, even in EA state, when I was in undergrad studies. It would of helped me understand difficult concepts that were explained on 2D white boards, not 3D patch conic diagrams. And this is a real life simulation of rocketry. If you don't believe me, watch the video below and you'll see many launch failures that I swear I've seen in my own playing of KSP1 and KSP2.

So, go blow something up, have fun, learn from the failure, make it better for yourself and everyone. We can do much greater things together than griping alone. I've seen some amazing designs in KSP1 and already in KSP2, and all from individuals. Image what we can do collectively once Colonies and Multiplayer comes. Let's help IG get there so we can enjoy the end result together. Life is about the journey not the destination.

Edited by LeroyJenkins

I think this is what those of us who stated "this is how software development works" had in mind. And to be fair, I think the second patch will be where everyone wants to be. Most of the bugs that didn't make it in today's patch will be covered as well as the worst of the new bugs (yes, there are going to be new bugs) will be addressed, and then we are at the version everyone hoped (and some expected) to get at EA launch. Which is still pretty fast

11 minutes ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

literally every rocket after the patch, because SAS wont work properly xD

I can see how that would be annoying. I am not experiencing that issue, with either stock rockets or my own built. Have you submitted your system specs/logs and files a bug report?

1 hour ago, Socraticat said:

Whenever I'm testing the limits of a plane or rover, there's always that moment where the only appropriate exclamation is "@LeroyJenkins !"

Cheers to our failures! May they teach us the secrets to success!

Thank you for the reference, now LeroyJenkins probably expected to fail.  Or he stupidly expected the waiting raid group to be instantly ready once he ran in. 
This is an problem in groups especially raid groups, one need 3 minutes and others do stuff. Also tank is the one who should go first in. Now the video is an recreation of the initial wipe. 

Ran into an similar experience in an dungeon in Elder scroll online. This was an easy dungeons as all 3 of us could solo and we was helping an friend getting an weapon. 
He ran in pulling lots of adds expecting me to help him and also heal him, but I was in stealth gear for stealing and could not swap while group was in combat. 
So I waited and he tried to run up but dying and all the mobs killed me, I saw the 4th an random from dungeon finder who was low level gotten killed then mobs ran back, then tank ported in and was very unimpressed. 

Took nearly 50 attempts to get this dang thing to fly, some my fault and most not, lol. Also getting 120fps(manually capped in NVidia Settings too) in some viewing situations with this sorta complex craft. Patch has done A LOT. 

06CtKkd.png2TgcImR.jpg

got working missiles too!!:cool:   (sorry, but HDR blows out the gamma/brightness/exposure of my screenies for some reason, don't know why, wish I did)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.