Spotlight KAL interaction

Hey yall, so I'm working on a working CH-47 recreation in KSP and things are going great! Level and stable flight so good I can walk away to make food while it flies, easy take off and landing on any terrain including the water, it's awesome. I want to release this on steam, but before I do I want it to be easier to learn to fly for others. To do this, I'm trying to put 7 spotlights on the back of the rear rotor mount and have a KAL controller light them up and turn them off in sequence with the angle of the rotors which is controlled by another KAL. I have 14 fields in my Indicator KAL, Turn light on and Turn light off for each spotlight, and this KAL as well as the Rotor Angle KAL are on the U/D translation group. I have taken these lights off of the standard light action group, and assigned points in my Indicator KAL for the first two lights to turn on and off correctly timing wise(I think), my problem is they don't turn on at all as the rotor angles change, which I know is functioning since I take off each time I test the Indicator KAL. What am I missing here? I've got the Hinge KALs and the Rotor Angle KAL working perfectly, just not sure what's wrong here.

Edited by Hydragal

Is you KAL's play position linked to the U/D axis group? In this case, its position will just be set when you change the axis group, but no events (aka the little blue diamonds) will play. If you want to have lights on/off at certain play positions, then you should instead link Light R (and Light G, and Light B) to the KAL instead of Lights On / Lights Off. Then, edit the curve so that, at the right timestamps (for example, at a third of the way) the curve is either 1 (if you want your lights up at that timestamp) or 0 (if you want them off).

Maybe a drawing may be better here:

23bCGTL.png

And that's roughly the same as:

FkGTQUy.png

(which I think is what you made)

Hope it helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.