3/24 Discord AMA - Nate Simpson - SUBMIT QUESTIONS HERE

Dakota

While I'm sure someone in this thread has already asked this question, I have to put it out here or I'll lose my own damned mind.

Is the development team planning to take any of the more popular mods from KSP1 (RO/RSS, Near Future, MechJeb, to name a few) and make them part of stock KSP2?  If so, which ones, and on what timeline (if you can divulge that information)?

Will there be a black hole that star systems orbit?  Will there be rogue planets close to the black hole and will the black hole look realistic? Will more star systems be added after full release?

Also massive props to the KSP team on patch 1! I have never seen so much dedication in any other game.

Colonies and interstellar travel sounds awesome, but based on KSP1 would be out of reach to most players who are unable to get past the Mun. Are you planning on sharing statistics of how many people make it to the different celestial bodies, maybe through achievements? 

Hi there Nate! Saying hello from Belgium.

I might have a strange, but also fun question at the same time.

In the current version of the game, what is your personal/the team's:
- Most annoying bug in the game
- Most hilarious bug in the game

Keep up the good work guys, you're writing history whilst creating the future ;)

Thanks for this! 

I know you'll be busy so I'll have only 1 question:

The clouds in game look a lot different than the clouds in the earlier dev show and tell videos, will there be a update to them like how there will be a terrain system update? (do they come at the same time?)

Below are some "harsh" questions, but they are truly honest and open, this is not to blame or anything but to get answers from your point of view that can help understanding some choices :

• Are you satisfied with how the game is looking so far ?
  • Are you okay with the fact that it already looks quite dated, like circus 2017 game ?
  • Will the future graphics overhaul bring it to 2020+ standards since there quite a massive gap to fill ?
  • Did you consider another game engine at the early stage of development or even after ?
  • If you consider another game engine, what lead you to finally stick to Unity or some of its components already used in KSP1 that have shown dead-end ?
  • If you did not consider another game engine, why so ? Was it mandatory to stick to Unity or some of its components to ensure some continuity / ease of development ?
  • Do you play your game ? Do you "actually" enjoy the rocket acting like wet noodles ?

only really got a few important ones that no one really cares about.

• Will we have longer "plume trails" for rocket launches on a later date?? As of now, it seems to dissipate way to quickly and makes the "feel" of the rocket not as powerful as it seems, being able to see your plume even in a failure seeing the trail is just something that would look way better. i understand that it is a performance issue and was hoping to see it as an option, for the "graphics has to be peerless".

• Will we have sonic booms that are audible? the graphics seems like it will be amazing as of now, but i would love to hear it aswell.

• Will we have reusable parts like Space X gear, and fins? pretty simple, i love to attempt to "save all the parts" possible as for just wanting to.

• Will we have a semi-auto rendezvous for rockets for players to use and later date transportation of cargo? hardest issue i have is being capable of doing a rendezvous over a planet, to a space station or another object.. out of everything this is the hardest thing i can think of (for me it is) to be able to do, and this is one of the issues i have now. Automation of control.

• Will we be able to create multiple colonies on one planet, and will we be able build them on water, or liquid "surfaces". 

• Will rockets sound more "girthy" the larger they become at a later date before 1.0? as of now i haven't been able to really hear a difference between a huge rocket and a tiny one, i would love the "feel the weight" with the sound, the sound is amazing don't think it isn't but it doesn't feel "large" when it is huge. i know sound design of something that litterally shakes your body in real life, to a video game can be hard to visualize, and hear, so perhaps aswell adding a shake? no idea how to give off the vibe of its a huge rocket going hard and fast upwards without effecting people with visual problems, or putting to much time into such a simple problem.

• Will we have more gear systems? quick example, needing gear that goes from the fuselage towards outwards of the wings at an angle.. i think a photo would make more sense. for me it hard to create certain builds when i have a "gear sets" in the middle of the wings, that does effect the range of the ssto's.

Spoiler

F-104G-5954.jpg

Edited by Stephensan