Mothership's orbit instantly changes shortly after lander is undocked

Rocktagon619

I undock my lander, apply retrograde thrust to initiate landing, time warp a bit, and before I even enter the Duna atmosphere I get a warning message about the mothership being on a collision course with the ground. Its AP is really high and the PE is not visible, almost like it has been thrusting radial out. The delta V of the mothership has not changed, so the engine did not somehow burn. 

It always happens in vessel view but never (so far) while in map view.

It does not matter which docking port is used to initiate undocking.

It's nuts, trying to burn back to kerbin resulted in going further out into the kerbolar system instead of toward the center. I knew something was wrong when my maneuver node was on the dark side of Duna instead of on the sunny side.  An encounter with Kerbin instantly morphed into going out past Dres's orbit.

I'm wondering if KSP2 isn't correctly dealing with craft that has separated.  For example, if you build and aircraft with landing gear (preferably like 8 of them)  and a stack separator in the middle of it, use the stack separator, then retract the gear, it will do so to both halves when you would expect that retracting the gear would only work on the half that is under active control.

I thought I was able to prevent the warping of the orbit by manually deactivating the engine, but now I can't reproduce the bug. Maybe it's because I restarted. It seems to be luck of the draw if you experience this particular bug every time you load the game. Hope it is reproduceable enough for them to learn from it and address it. Looking forward to patch 2!

5 hours ago, almagnus1 said:

I'm wondering if KSP2 isn't correctly dealing with craft that has separated.  For example, if you build and aircraft with landing gear (preferably like 8 of them)  and a stack separator in the middle of it, use the stack separator, then retract the gear, it will do so to both halves when you would expect that retracting the gear would only work on the half that is under active control.

I’ve actually noticed if I break landing gear off my lander and use my custom action key bind to toggle it. Even after it’s broken off, it still toggles it as if it’s attached.

Edited by B15hop