Game freezing on saves and performance getting worse

Tazooka

I'm noticing that the more I play, the worse the performance of the game becomes, especially when I save, both automatically and quick saving

I only have 7 ships on the go currently and a limit of 100 debris

I don't understand how its becoming worse and I don't know how to fix it. Deleting saves did nothing

I have noticed Unity crash handler appears in my task manager when this freeze happens.

11 hours ago, B15hop said:

This is why most likely. This may help you.

That's it. My saves are 0.55GB and has 19,240,801 lines of code, which most is duplicated

I reduced it down to 4.4MB with 103,316 lines of code (so I deleted 19,137,485 lines of code)

This REALLY needs fixing

Edited by Tazooka
Elaborated

1 hour ago, Tazooka said:

That's it. My saves are 0.55GB and has 19,240,801 lines of code, which most is duplicated

I reduced it down to 4.4MB with 103,316 lines of code (so I deleted 19,137,485 lines of code)

This REALLY needs fixing

Excellent, I am glad it helped. :)

I personally think that Squad's original XML-saves idea was good only for testing stage - both XML and JAML are awful for the cases where there is expanding data specifically because to keep them "human-readable" you need to do things like <QuantityOfFoodRationsOnboard>1</QuantityOfFoodRationsOnboard>, so out of 63 bytes - only 1 is data and 62 are human-readable nonsense. It seems much more logical to switch to efficient and fast binary data serialization (and have like 10kb - 50kb saves at most which would save and load lightning-fast)  and if community of players would really really need savegame editing feature - to release a standalone tool which would allow for editing binary savegame data (or leave that to moders).