UI Text too small and too pixelated

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, DigitalEva said:

Definitely would love to see this implemented. I have glasses, myself, so seeing nearly illegible text unless I'm almost right up next to my 32" second screen is frustrating.

This is coming, but it is not announced that it will make the next patch. 

Check this dev update (upnate) from a few weeks ago: 

Edited by Sylvi Fisthaug

As someone who tried the game in a nowadays-uber-potato GPU, I think I can help you somewhat: the art style for the UI doesn't look fine out of native resolution. Meaning, it goes from "bad" to "borderline illegible" out of 1:1 scale, depending on the UI widget drawn and the resolution chosen.

If you are playing full screen, even if it tanks your performance you may want to try playing at native resolution. If you want to play in a window, I suggest you to configure the game resolution to something manageable as a window (1280x720?) and let it run 1:1. It will look and read much better.

I've raised this point in a suggestion post, but it is actually hard to actually "fix" it. It is not exactly a problem in the game itself, but a side effect of image/texture rescaling combined with the chosen art style. They might get it better with different rescaling algorithms, which I'm not even sure if they can actually configure somehow.

Time will tell, but for now playing at native resolution is the way to go if you want everything to be readable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.