Kerbalium Falcon

Gummel

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and to KSP. I did not play KSP1, I started KSP2 right at the early access release day. I am learning about the game and mechanics every day and I have to admit I love the game already. I am looking forward to all the future content that will be added to the game. Until then I spend a lot of time in the VAB. Here is my latest creation, that made a successful launch into Kerbin orbit. I play the game unmodded and structural rigidity unchanged.

Inspired by a very famous spacecraft I created the Kerbalium Falcon. Currently it is run by the following engine types:

4x Rhinos installed to the bottom side to allow hover and landing on the landing gear (after hours of adjusting center of mass this works on Kerbal runway, main vessel only, rocket launch stage not installed)

4x Swerv as vaccum drive

8x Mammoth-II in the rocket launch stage

Here are images of the launch and the orbital flight, enjoy:

uc?id=1U_DhftYR9WeDZB-FdDc9LU32AwINxiBN

uc?id=1uNQv_OilTdIQ5RVpTb6esRPMbrtm-E9j

uc?id=1kzXCctPbEekcinsfab3r2iAN4B50n42u

uc?id=1B5NjXMp0qMDLIRRVYfVpgPtPK2sehMM3

uc?id=1vWt8hPVPoF9oIj6qSIXsqCulkS-fxrle

I am really happy to be able to bring this to orbit. Unfortunately this consumed almost all of the delta-v, so I was not able to go any further than the orbit. I have learned a lot from this and I will improve the design to be able to explore with it.

Planned goals to achieve:

- Kessel run in 12 parsecs

- change design to run hydrogen engines only, keep rocket launch to bring it to orbit. I think I will not be able to bring this heavy desgin to SSTO capability.

- add docking port and landing craft to the front for future planetary exploration

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I do.

To all the people out there calling this a broken game: You limit yourself only because of your wrong attitude!

Here is Version 2 of the Kerbalium Falcon, hydrogen engines only now and i made it to the Mun. Damn it is a struggle to land a craft this size, I definitely need a landing craft added.

Btw the Kraken took my ship two times during the landing. :mad:

uc?id=1ygxBZwflrbo1_p5U8lPzmwiGY_Wfe7O-

uc?id=1hLbg5NEIjTN6tR3HddUiFybPECNFFxN4

uc?id=14zOCjEhVVbKyvTgbXLRLe0NEmK0TgZ0i

uc?id=1rZ_sZ0XuAcd-wSPo8cRAt5YUrn0Xk8Pl

uc?id=1GR6unrJkuMrqfb_DpICcvozo4-LpbcWT

Edited by Gummel

Here are two others pictures that you might want to see.

Jebediah and Valentina doing inspection and maintanance before flight.

uc?id=1ksrrbAC52BOQSexx1ooWbMTrtuSC1PNb

uc?id=1dUA4-n__PsHfXW-4srqriUlVwxsdymKe

Unfortunately it can not launch to orbit this way, but the looks of the ship sitting on the runway is so cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.