How can I customize Delta V/TWR for RSS?

Hallo,

ich habe die aktuelle Version 1.12.5.3190 über Steam und den ReaSolarSystem-Mod. ModuleManager, RealismOverhaul, Real Fuel etc. sind auch an Board.

mein Problem ist dass ich nicht mehr genug Delta V habe um in den Orbit zu kommen. Ich hab lange gegooglet und anscheinend muss ich die TWR in der physics.cfg für RSS anpassen. ich kenne mich mit sowas leider gar nicht aus und hab keine ahnung wie und wo ich das machen kann. Nach Mods hab ich auch schon geguckt. SMURFF soll helfen aber ist nicht mit 1.12.5 kompatibel.

Ich hoffe mir kann hier jemand helfen. Sonst muss RSS wieder weg. Auf Kerbin geht alles. 

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

Google translation provided by moderator:
Hello, I have the current version 1.12.5.3190 via Steam and the ReaSolarSystem mod. ModuleManager, RealismOverhaul, Real Fuel etc. are also on board. my problem is that i don't have enough delta v left to get into orbit. I googled for a long time and apparently I have to adjust the TWR in the physics.cfg for RSS. Unfortunately, I don't know myself with something like that and have no idea how and where I can do it. I've been looking for mods too. SMURFF is supposed to help but is not compatible with 1.12.5. I hope someone here is able to help me. Otherwise RSS has to go again. Everything goes on Kerbin. Thanks in advance!

Getting to orbit on Earth is a very different challenge to getting to orbit on Kerbin. Orbital velocity is about 7800m/s and you’ll need at least 9km/s of delta-v to get to even the lowest orbits- assuming a launch from Cape Canaveral, the greater your launch site’s latitude the higher the inclination you’ll end up in and higher inclination orbits use more delta-V. That number is very dependent on your rocket design and ascent profile, in some cases I’ve managed it for 8700m/s but in others it’s closer to 9500m/s.

The advice that many experienced RO players give is copy a real life design- I’d suggest something simple like the Titan that can be built with under 10 parts, rather than something with lots of engines (e.g. Proton or Saturn) or a complicated staging process (e.g. Atlas or an R-7 derivative). Alternatively, try RP-1, the career mode for RO which starts in the 1950s and follows the real world development of rockets and related technologies through the Space Race up to today and in some cases into the future. It’s a steep learning curve, but starting small with sounding rockets that just go up and moving forwards towards orbital rockets and then going further afield can give you a better grasp of what you need to do to succeed in RSS and RO.

Thank you for your answer. I wil try it an play around. But even with the Saturn V, wich i downloaded, i was able to reach just a low orbit. The delta v is perfect vor Kerbin to Mun and back but in RSS it's just enough for a low orbit. So i think that i need to fit the physics. Or something in RO doesn't work. Or do i actually need change the motors to bigger ones? 

11 hours ago, DerTueb said:

Thank you for your answer. I wil try it an play around. But even with the Saturn V, wich i downloaded, i was able to reach just a low orbit. The delta v is perfect vor Kerbin to Mun and back but in RSS it's just enough for a low orbit. So i think that i need to fit the physics. Or something in RO doesn't work. Or do i actually need change the motors to bigger ones? 

Are you using a stock Saturn V or an RO Saturn V? You can do a Mun landing and return in stock KSP for less delta-V than it takes just to get to low Earth orbit because Earth is ten times larger than Kerbin and orbital velocity is much higher as a result- 7800m/s or so. You need minimum 9000m/s (vacuum) delta-V to get to orbit in RSS, it’s totally different to stock and you should treat it as such.

You should try MechJeb’s ascent guidance Primer Vector Guidance (PVG) mode to fly your rockets up to Earth orbit, it’s designed specifically for this task and is similar to the guidance systems used by real rockets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.