BACC "Thumper" Solid Fuel Booster Real Life Counterpart

Kerballlistic07

I've been looking around the forums at real life counterparts of KSP engines, and all the lists mark the Thumper as "generic." 

I think that I have found the real life counterpart of it. It comes from the Titan series of rockets from the late 1900's. More specifically, the UA120 from the Titan III series.

220px-DF-SC-84-05192_cropped.jpeg

2ba5791d9470fd9e7f1b064671561ce429464ee1

The only difference I can really see here is the nozzle is not slanted. (BTW I'm talking about the revamped version, not the original.) Just thought it was interesting.

• 1 month later...

Another thing I thought about was that if the Thumper is based off of the Titan III side booster, and it if 1.25 meters wide, it doesn't match up with the Titan parts we already have in KSP. The Titan II parts we have are 1.875 meters wide. The center core of the Titan III was essentially a Titan II core stage with a few modifications, so if you tried to make a replica, it would be very disproportionate!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.