Jool System Challenges

Send Val to vall

To complete this goal, you will have to send Valentina Kerman to Vall (I got this one from the loading screen, I spend a lot of time there)

Plant a pole on pol

Goal is simple. send a kerbal to pol and plant a pole (flag pole)  on pol!

Laythe lazy

Very relaxing, simply make a kerbal take a bath in laythes water.

Rules:

1. You must not use cheats of any kind.

2. You must take a screenshot every time you enter and exit a sphere of influence, land on a body and when you launch/return to kerbin.
3. You must not kill any kerbals. 

4. You must have fun!

if you do not follow one or two of these rules, your mission will still count, but points will be deducted.

Community Challenges

Tylo low flyby

Fly by Tylo as fast and low as you can - Superfluous J

Bop on Bop

This challenge has 2 parts to it.  First, send a crewed lander to Bop and perform a hard landing.  A hard landing is defined as anything greater than 2 m/s, but you should be aiming for as hard of a landing as possible.  You know, you are trying to bop Bop (like landing a punch).  The second part is to take that crew and get them on the surface and dancing around.  Gotta have at least 3 Kerbals present to call this a party. - Scarecrow71

Edited by Little 908

I tried really hard, but I couldn't break rule #4.

Allegedly I've broken rule number #3- but if this is part of a relocation program, then Bill is just scouting for the future landing party.

I present, "Planet of the Islands"- My "Laythe Lazy" Submission.

If you haven't already, Check out the "OneOscar" Fan Club:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Socraticat said:

I tried really hard, but I couldn't break rule #4.

Allegedly I've broken rule number #3- but if this is part of a relocation program, then Bill is just scouting for the future landing party.

I present, "Planet of the Islands"- My "Laythe Lazy" Submission.

If you haven't already, Check out the "OneOscar" Fan Club:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I think its to stupid to do rule 3 in early access 

Ill make not to kill them

Edited by Little 908

15 hours ago, Little 908 said:

Yeah I think its to stupid to do rule 3 in early access 

Ill make not to kill them

Spoiler

Understanding the OP's sincere intent to follow a beloved unspoken rule to not leave our green friends without a way home.

Stupid has a negative connotation to it. While it very muchly conveys your feeling, it may also carry unintended negativity in a text forum. I know that I constantly edit posts so I can help people here feel more included. I know you are all about the positive forum movement, because I've followed your submissions! I suggest using something like:

• "Yeah, I think it's [too risky; too difficult; to time consuming] to do rule 3 in early access"

Bringing them back is totally possible, but I'm at my SSTO limit here. I could stage some tanks and Atmospheric engines. On that same token I could probably drop the wings after hitting 70K on Kerbin with some design changes. The Atmospheric delivery vessel doesn't need a tail, and will coast to the surface. There's the possibility of Landing, Dropping the "OneOscar" off on the surface, then using the delivery vessel to reach LLO (super easy with a RAPIER vessel capable of supersonic flight on Kerbin).

I'm also not the best with saving DV by calculating perfect intercepts, but I'm getting better at it.

I generally make it my own rule not to "Strand" Kerbals, but in this case there are 2 exceptions:

1. This is my first Interplanetary Flight in KSP2. As such, I really just wanted to "Make it Happen"
  2. I'm Excited for Colonies, so I think it's OK to start getting out of the idea that we "Strand" Kerbals- or at least we give the term more nuance; maybe it's ok to send a scout to a planet before a landing party; maybe it's ok to have a Kerbal posted to a moon as a Deputy, or we can call them Ambassadors, lol.
Edited by Socraticat
Spoilerizing some of this. I totally spaced this was your topic!

If you're taking suggestions...

Bop on Bop:  This challenge has 2 parts to it.  First, send a crewed lander to Bop and perform a hard landing.  A hard landing is defined as anything greater than 2 m/s, but you should be aiming for as hard of a landing as possible.  You know, you are trying to bop Bop (like landing a punch).  The second part is to take that crew and get them on the surface and dancing around.  Gotta have at least 3 Kerbals present to call this a party.

1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

Are you taking suggestions?

Fly Low on Tylo: Do a Tylo flyby (escape velocity) as close to the ground as you can stomach.

53 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

If you're taking suggestions...

Bop on Bop:  This challenge has 2 parts to it.  First, send a crewed lander to Bop and perform a hard landing.  A hard landing is defined as anything greater than 2 m/s, but you should be aiming for as hard of a landing as possible.  You know, you are trying to bop Bop (like landing a punch).  The second part is to take that crew and get them on the surface and dancing around.  Gotta have at least 3 Kerbals present to call this a party.

Ill start taking suggestions now.

6 hours ago, Socraticat said:

Reveal hidden contents

I get your sentiment, but I wish you would reconsider some phrasing. Remember that this is someone else's challenge, and therefore the rule should be held with respect, understanding the OP's sincere intent to follow a beloved unspoken rule to not leave our green friends without a way home.

Stupid has a negative connotation to it. While it very muchly conveys your feeling, it may also carry unintended negativity in a text forum. I know that I constantly edit posts so I can help people here feel more included. I know you are all about the positive forum movement, because I've followed your submissions! I suggest using something like:

• "Yeah, I think it's [too risky; too difficult; to time consuming] to do rule 3 in early access"

Bringing them back is totally possible, but I'm at my SSTO limit here. I could stage some tanks and Atmospheric engines. On that same token I could probably drop the wings after hitting 70K on Kerbin with some design changes. The Atmospheric delivery vessel doesn't need a tail, and will coast to the surface. There's the possibility of Landing, Dropping the "OneOscar" off on the surface, then using the delivery vessel to reach LLO (super easy with a RAPIER vessel capable of supersonic flight on Kerbin).

I'm also not the best with saving DV by calculating perfect intercepts, but I'm getting better at it.

I generally make it my own rule not to "Strand" Kerbals, but in this case there are 2 exceptions:

1. This is my first Interplanetary Flight in KSP2. As such, I really just wanted to "Make it Happen"
  2. I'm Excited for Colonies, so I think it's OK to start getting out of the idea that we "Strand" Kerbals- or at least we give the term more nuance; maybe it's ok to send a scout to a planet before a landing party; maybe it's ok to have a Kerbal posted to a moon as a Deputy, or we can call them Ambassadors, lol.

You 100% can do a jool system and back, you just can’t do it without breaking rule 4..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.