How feature complete is Phase 1?

ArmchairGravy

I guess I want a roadmap for our roadmap. We are in phase 1 of the roadmap, so are we going to be getting any additional features like an alarm clock for transfer windows, or is what we currently have what we should expect to have going forward?

Good question in my opinion. Do we need to ask for a transfer window planner, alarm clock or kerbal chutes for them to get into KSP2? Or is it planned already. 

Since a somewhat funny 'we can't drive into the garage' gets picked up and fixed like it is a priority I'm somewhat puzzled on what to give feedback on. 

On 3/24/2023 at 10:24 AM, ArmchairGravy said:

I guess I want a roadmap for our roadmap. We are in phase 1 of the roadmap, so are we going to be getting any additional features like an alarm clock for transfer windows, or is what we currently have what we should expect to have going forward?

Atmospheric flight is weird at the moment - spaceplanes need work.  Heating is not on - which means you can make some insane launch profiles and land on Eve with no qualms.  Water is weird. 

Lots and lots of things need tweaks.   

That said - there is enough working that 'Sandbox only' gets boring fast.   It's also depressing to hear that they did not put much effort into Science.  Thus we can only really expect the development up to Colonies to be a reskin of KSP. 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

2 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Not being able to drive into the garage was likely fixed by deleting a single collider.

Not having a transfer window planner is likely a bit more involved.

You're absolutely right, an easy fix probably which a transfer window is not.

It's not vissible at the moment if they are involved in working on a transfer window planner, or not. 

I guess will have to wait and see what QOL features are coming to the base game. I do recall that in an EA event interview from either Matt Lowne or Scott Manley it was mentioned there were two QOL feature updates prognossed before taking the next milestone step in the roadmap. I'm eager to hear what they'll contain. 

No one can guess how much time is needed for Phase 1 but one thing for sure it's gonna be one of the most difficult and time consuming since they have to solve all the basic things in game that are weird at the moment.
The same I would expect for Interstellar phase and multiplayer.

I wish they would come out and give some more specific timetable at some point but their answers are always vague....

On 3/25/2023 at 3:20 PM, securityinstruts said:

Regardless of what Devs achieve and when, some wonderful Modders will come up on a mod for that. I'm sure this is the case.

UI improvements and functionalities -that we have on KSP1- will most likely be implemented in future patches

I am not loading the first mod for KSP2. If the devs can't get it right then I'm going to keep playing KSP1. 

On 3/26/2023 at 9:50 AM, Superfluous J said:

Not being able to drive into the garage was likely fixed by deleting a single collider.

Not having a transfer window planner is likely a bit more involved.

The alarm clock is right there in vanilla KSP1. As is advanced orbit info if you poke around the UI. I'm just wondering what the actual goals are for Phase 1. If "improved user experience" means these features aren't present then I'm going to have to refer Intercept to the definition of "improved".

46 minutes ago, ArmchairGravy said:

The alarm clock is right there in vanilla KSP1. As is advanced orbit info if you poke around the UI. I'm just wondering what the actual goals are for Phase 1. If "improved user experience" means these features aren't present then I'm going to have to refer Intercept to the definition of "improved".

Given some of the game design decisions evident in the current build, I think the Intercept team has a vision of the game more similar to pre-1.0 KSP1 vs what KSP evolved into by 1.12.  Things like wobble rockets and imprecise maneuvers and no dV info on stages.  At least at this point of the game. 

Tbh I don't have a lot of faith in them, but maybe when they release colonies they'll give better QOL for making transfers.  Or maybe not.  They're so far behind on so many things that they may just be scrambling to throw in whatever they can right now - which will mostlya amounts to bug fixing for the near future.

1 hour ago, ArmchairGravy said:

I know everybody says they just copied KSP1 and slapped a "2" on it but they actually didn't.

Considering its absence, I'm willing to assume that the internal workings of this entirely different game have made just copying it from KSP1 be not an option.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.