Nate Simpson youtube interview

Jarin

Posted 7 hours ago with all of 27 views, no announcement anywhere... am I missing something obvious here? I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Found it only because the KSP twitter liked a post mentioning it.

KSP2 has a lot of interviews with very small creators throughout its history (I still think the interview with that college kid was the best interview we've seen yet). I dont know what criteria they use to decide who to interview with but it definitely is very interesting.

I have no problem with interviewing with small creators, honestly it's pretty cool. But how is it supposed to work when nobody knows it happened? Finding it accidentally through a *like* on twitter? How many people even look at that? Nate interview scavenger hunt next?

4 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

My wife insists that everyone pronounces Kerbal incorrectly, and that, instead of rhyming with gerbil, it should rhyme with ball or fall. This interviewer is now the second person I've seen pronounce it this way. She'll be thrilled to know that her pronunciation is spreading.

But that's.. Kerbol, the star?

5 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

My wife insists that everyone pronounces Kerbal incorrectly, and that, instead of rhyming with gerbil, it should rhyme with ball or fall. This interviewer is now the second person I've seen pronounce it this way. She'll be thrilled to know that her pronunciation is spreading.

Tell her that I also pronounce it that way. We must spread the true pronunciation!!

5 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Anything new? 

The last 'random person' interview was terrible.  (Pre launch w/Marketing guy). 

Just finished watching it, this is way better then the previous interview. Nates mic is bad but its clear that the interviewer actually knows about ksp2. There's a lot of interesting things in here and Id recommend watching it, theres not too many new big things but theres a lot of neat stuff in there. The things I found interesting were

1. For some features threes diverse thoughts on implementation. The example listed was radiation, there's many diverse thoughts on the team against and for things for it, so in the short term radiation isnt planned but not ruled out for the far future, but as we gain access to parts that justify radiation more (such as Orion drives or ICF drives), then the chance of radiation becomes more likely. Its important to note here that Nate also specifically said in the AMA that there was no short term plans for life support, so I assume that life support is in a  similar case here. Right now it sounds like theyre very much prioritizing core features and not paying as much head to side mechanics such as radiation.

2. Asked about why they used unity, answer was basically we knew that KSP1 could do it and they decided to play it safe.

3. Apparently Chris Adderley has an actual background in aerospace?? Which is just cool

18 hours ago, Alexoff said:

He gave an interview to a dude with 75 subscribers. I have over a thousand subs, can Nate interview me?

[snip]

18 hours ago, Jarin said:

But how is it supposed to work when nobody knows it happened? Finding it accidentally through a *like* on twitter? How many people even look at that?

maybe thats the whole point behind this

Edited by Gargamel
Portions redacted by moderator

12 hours ago, Alexoff said:

He gave an interview to a dude with 75 subscribers. I have over a thousand subs, can Nate interview me?

I did a search for KSP2, just being bored and this interview popped up. 

I've never seen this channel before and I'll probably never see it again but it is showing up for those who are looking. 

I would be surprised if this went down any other way than the Youtuber emailed Nate/Intercept/whomever asking for an interview, and they accepted.

It's also possible that they watched his stuff first and decided he was together enough to justify the time.

I liked the interview. Better than some of the content from people whom I won't name who were flown to Europe for the pre-release party.

Good for this kid, and kudos to Nate for giving him a huge boost.

14 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

I would be surprised if this went down any other way than the Youtuber emailed Nate/Intercept/whomever asking for an interview, and they accepted.

This is exactly how these things go down.  I used to work in the entertainment industry, and it's essentially the same thing.  You carve out some "gimmie" time for the odd nobody that wants an interview or a photo op.  You pick a few from the pile, pre-vet them, and then line something up with one of them (Intercept/PD likely insisted on final approval of w/e was aired).

These are win/win events just like celeb. charity appearances.

13 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

It's also possible that they watched his stuff first and decided he was together enough to justify the time.

I liked the interview. Better than some of the content from people whom I won't name who were flown to Europe for the pre-release party.

Agree on all parts and especially the last sentence.

I liked it precisely because it is a interview that is interesting for those who wonder about process behind game design and not your run of the mill youtuber game channel content creator typical interview.

Kudos (and I am not a uncritical fan of him so this does not come lightly) to Nate for taking the time to speak with the kid.

59 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

that interview was weird, if you look closely there wasnt a single minute without something being cut out, i think the original interview was actually 1 hour long and he cut out part of the answers
this was so distracting i couldnt even really focus on the content because i was always just waiting for when the video makes the next weird jump lol

all in all the interview felt pretty inorganic, the last one with ShadowZone was way better, i wish nate would do more interviews with actual ksp streamers

Edited by Fullmetal Analyst

42 minutes ago, Fullmetal Analyst said:

all in all the interview felt pretty inorganic, the last one with ShadowZone was way better

He's like a high-school kid that was thrown a bone, and he did as well as anyone in that situation would have.

I've seen much shakier interviews from people with much more experience.

16 hours ago, Alexoff said:

I think interviewers with millions of subscribers are professionals in their class and it's best to talk to them.

I disagree. A lot of those millioneers are too full of themselves to let someone else (namely, the person they interview) to be the primary focus, which is kind of the point of an interview.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.