Nate Simpson youtube interview

Jarin

ADDED: I wish they would make somebody more technical available for the interview with perhaps some of current or ex-modders to go a bit deeper over technical aspects of the game. I remember for KSP1 there was like an hour long presentation "decomposing" KSP into subsystems and explaining how they work, it would be of immense interest to both current and aspiring modders in the current environment of total lack of documentation, and since engineers are known to hate writing documents, such interviews/presentations would be the next best thing.

22 minutes ago, asmi said:

ADDED: I wish they would make somebody more technical available for the interview with perhaps some of current or ex-modders to go a bit deeper over technical aspects of the game. I remember for KSP1 there was like an hour long presentation "decomposing" KSP into subsystems and explaining how they work, it would be of immense interest to both current and aspiring modders in the current environment of total lack of documentation, and since engineers are known to hate writing documents, such interviews/presentations would be the next best thing.

Nah those people have real work to do.  Nate at this point is more marketer than developer, and he likes to hear himself speak so much he'll give an interview to a coat rack. :P

Seriously though - that kid must have some special skill getting interviews, he's got a long list of indie designers he's flattered not giving him one,   A few that has genuine hits even.  Good for him.   I do agree with you that I would like to listen to anyone BUT Nate though, I trust 0% of what he says.

33 minutes ago, RocketRockington said:

I do agree with you that I would like to listen to anyone BUT Nate though, I trust 0% of what he says.

It's not that I don't trust him, I'm just more interesting in technical aspects of the game, rather than listening to the same marketing bullet points for umteenth time.

As for this interview, I liked that interviewer did not get in the way of a person he's interviewing and let him speak freely without interrupting. Way too many of interviews  with bigger interviews look like a single phrase of the interviewee following by minutes of interviewer's "smart thoughts" (or so they think) which nobody cares about because people listening to the interview want to hear what intervewee has to say, not smartass notes and grandstanding of interviewers. But like I said above, some of those interviewers are so full of themselves that they can't handle not being in the focus of a video - and the bigger those interviewers are, the more ugly and pathetic this tend to look. In that sense this was a great one, all too rare nowadays unfortunately.

Edited by asmi

I've watched it recently and I do like this interviewing style where the interviewer gives Nate this much freedom to speak his mind about the questions asked. I thought there were some good parts in there that give insight into the thought process behind what they're choosing to prioritize for the roadmap to 1.0. Although I'm not partial to life support as a feature myself, I understand better now why they chose not to include features like radiation and life support. Radiation at least is not ruled out for the future!

On 3/27/2023 at 10:59 PM, whatsEJstandfor said:

My wife insists that everyone pronounces Kerbal incorrectly, and that, instead of rhyming with gerbil, it should rhyme with ball or fall. This interviewer is now the second person I've seen pronounce it this way. She'll be thrilled to know that her pronunciation is spreading.

The correct pronunciation is ""

That's
    k as in knife
    e as in make
    r as in car
    b as in dumb
    a as in bread
    l as in  salmon

Obvious isn't it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.