isar aerospace

tater

Propalox, gas generator on the first stage, assumptively GG second stage, 9+1 configuration.

Only two meters wide, so slightly wider than electron which makes sense given propane's density compared to kerosene. 1 tonne to LEO, which definitely beats out Electron.

I don't believe there's ever been a propalox rocket that has actually reached orbit so this would be a first.

2 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

Propalox, gas generator on the first stage, assumptively GG second stage, 9+1 configuration.

Only two meters wide, so slightly wider than electron which makes sense given propane's density compared to kerosene. 1 tonne to LEO, which definitely beats out Electron.

I don't believe there's ever been a propalox rocket that has actually reached orbit so this would be a first.

They also seem to actually plan on trying to fly this year. Will be interesting.

3 hours ago, AckSed said:

Propalox? I'm interested. It is a really good rocket fuel if you treat it to remove the sulphur.

Propane is not really cryogenic, but as you use LOX anyway I don't see any major benefits except only having one cryogenic and one cold liquid. 
Yes its denser.
As for purity,  they has to refine methane a lot too, guess the difference is more like kerosine vs RP1.  
I think they remove sulfur from natural gas anyway together with water and sometimes co2. 
You also tend to get some oil even from natural gas wells and you need  to separate out that too. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.