Kerbals teleport on EVA from EAS-1 Lawn Chair seats.

18Watt

KSP Version  0.1.1

Operating System and version  Win 11

CPU and GPU i9, 4070

Description of the bug.  Had 2 Kerbals in Lawn Chair seats on a rover, near Duna's north polar ice cap.  On exiting the EAS-1 (lawn chair seat), the kerbal was teleported instantly about 120 m from the rover.  In one location, the kerbal was also teleported below the surface of Duna, which causes bizarre behavior.  I had tested the rover on the KSC runway, and EVA worked fine there.

Expected Behavior:  EVA from EAS-1 Lawn Chair seats places the Kerbal near the seat.

Observed Behavior:  EVA from EAS-1 seats (On Duna) teleports the kerbal about 120 m away from the seat, in some cases the kerbal is teleported below the surface.

Steps to Replicate:  Take a Rover with EAS-1 Lawn Chair seats to on/near Duna's north polar ice cap.  Click the button on the Kerbal's image to EVA from the lawn chair.

Fixes / Workarounds (if known..). I ended up having to EVA the Kerbals while airborne (after going over a jump) to keep them from teleporting below the surface.  Otherwise, just walk back to the rover if the Kerbal ends up above the surface.

A list of ALL mods.  None.

Other Notes / Screenshots / Log Files (if possible..)

Screenshots in spoiler window.  Note:  I'm not sure what the 'Root Part' is on the rover, or if 'Root Parts' are even designated or relevant in KSP2.  However, the first part placed when constructing the rover was one of the flat structural panels.  Note 2:  The rover functioned with no problems on KSC's runway, and also at other locations on Kerbin.  So perhaps this issue only appears in certain locations, such as near Duna's poles?

Spoiler

In this screenshot, I had just EVAd a Kerbal from the rover.  My position is near Duna's north polar ice cap.  The kerbal was instantly teleported about 127 m away from the rover.  In this case I just walked back to the rover.

7mXjQJC.png

In the next screenshot, I am about to try to EVA a kerbal in a different location, just barely on Duna's north polar ice cap.  The rover is fairly basic, consisting of some flat panels, rover wheels, batteries, 2 RTGs, a basic antenna, small probe core, and 2 lawn chair seats.

QtEFpWg.png

After EVAing from the above position, the Kerbal was teleported over 100 m away, this time to a position below the surface.  Being below the surface is glitchy, the kerbal began falling towards the center of Duna.

aSfqf9E.png

Another shot of the rover, to give an idea of the design used when I encountered the issue.

IQepHhA.png