I need help again!

So, I don't want to have to scrap this mission as it took a while. There are struts on my lander to keep it steady and I wanted to know how I can get them off. I tried staging 

Here's the photo's: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1THAm1dmV1-As7_dJYMnnGZX5QfkpyOzi/view?usp=sharing

Photo 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OjEbQAG0U2LNfYYkD5wTgXRMoFkbTCgK/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!

The way I build something like that is to put a decoupler between the docking ports for the launch, then strut to the decoupler.

When you're ready to use the little ship, you undock the decoupler from the mother ship, and after you're clear you can stage the coupler to get rid of it.. Then when you come back, both ports are ready to use and clear.

Good to test it on the ground (or at least near Kerbin) tho before you get out to somewhere far.    This is why we had all those docking test missions in Gemini and in Apollo prior to going to the moon.  Gotta test these things.

Edited by Kurtvw

10 hours ago, Kurtvw said:

The way I build something like that is to put a decoupler between the docking ports for the launch, then strut to the decoupler.

When you're ready to use the little ship, you undock the decoupler from the mother ship, and after you're clear you can stage the coupler to get rid of it.. Then when you come back, both ports are ready to use and clear.

Good to test it on the ground (or at least near Kerbin) tho before you get out to somewhere far.    This is why we had all those docking test missions in Gemini and in Apollo prior to going to the moon.  Gotta test these things.

ok cool thanks, I think I am going to restart the mission sadly.  However this is my best interplanetary rocket design and now that I have It I will be able to use it for other missions as well.

On 4/1/2023 at 10:17 PM, Kurtvw said:

This is why we had all those docking test missions in Gemini and in Apollo prior to going to the moon.  Gotta test these things.

I can picture; July 1969. The Eagle is 100 ft from touchdown on the lunar surface.

Houston: "Ok, Buzz. Lower the landing gear when ready."

Buzz: "....landing gear?"

:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.