how long do you think it will be between roadmap updates?

jastrone

how long do you think it will be between roadmap updates?(poll)  

71 members have voted

1. 1. how long do you think it will be between roadmap updates(after the first ones wich will have a lot of bugfixes and optimisation)

• 1 month or less
    • 2 months
    • 3 months
    • 4 months
    • 5 months
    • 6 months
    • more that 6 months but less than a year
    • about a year
  2. 2. when do you think the game will have MOST of its bugfixing and optimising done(that it isnt really a main priority of every update9

• before the first roadmap update(science)
    • efter the second(colonies)
    • efter the third(interstellar)
    • after the fourth(exploration)
    • after the fifth(multiplayer)

13 hours ago, Little 908 said:

Actually, if we do a simple calculation:

Say if we get a patch every three weeks, and taking that every three months we get a major update, 4 weeks is around a month (28 days) We will get a roadmap update every 3-ish patch's, meaning the science update, if everything before this is true, will be in the place of patch 3 or 4.

Do you actually know how many patches we get per major update?

On 4/3/2023 at 9:56 PM, Dantheollie said:

Man, if they took a whole year in-between roadmap updates, the community would riot  :joy:

It already is...:(

5 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Umm... There are about 600 people still playing.

Pretty small riot 

ONLY 600?! :o

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

29 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Do you actually know how many patches we get per major update?

It already is...:(

ONLY 600?! :o

:))))))) ;)

nah I just like making predictions for the future, so when I look back at this I can say “How did i know that?” Or “I was so wrong” xd

14 minutes ago, Little 908 said:

:))))))) ;)

nah I just like making predictions for the future, so when I look back at this I can say “How did i know that?” Or “I was so wrong” xd

You know, i made a really wild prediction about KSP2's release year that everyone started quoting when i left the forums. i made this prediction multiple times in this forum, and frankly, it paid off.

@Little 908 See:

Spoiler

Man im proud of myself

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

4 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

ONLY 600?!

In order for more players to play KSP2, the publisher must either remove KSP1 from all players, or prohibit the use of mods in KSP1. And it's even better to roll back the game to level 0.7.3 for everyone, because only early versions of KSP1 can be compared with KSP2. And it's also interesting that no one on twitch streams KSP2 at all.

4 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

You know, i made a really wild prediction about KSP2's release year that everyone started quoting when i left the forums. i made this prediction multiple times in this forum, and frankly, it paid off.

@Little 908 See:

Reveal hidden contents

Man im proud of myself

I believed them when they said 2020… 

That was very hype

I mean they game looked so finished from the trailers and videos.

heres the first one we got 

Edited by Little 908

3 hours ago, Little 908 said:

That was very hype

It turns out that at the beginning of 2020, the game had clouds, colonies, brighter and more colorful explosions than now. Apparently, the pandemic was able to infect not only people, but also hard drives, which is why that very game disappeared without a trace, and it was not possible to make it again. Or during a fight between T2 and the developers, the server with all the data on the game burned down. Or we were fed pre-rendered cutscenes rather than a real-life alpha version of the game.

1 minute ago, Alexoff said:

It turns out that at the beginning of 2020, the game had clouds, colonies, brighter and more colorful explosions than now. Apparently, the pandemic was able to infect not only people, but also hard drives, which is why that very game disappeared without a trace, and it was not possible to make it again. Or during a fight between T2 and the developers, the server with all the data on the game burned down. Or we were fed pre-rendered cutscenes rather than a real-life alpha version of the game.

I was so ready to do excrements in interstellar multiplayer...

but let's hope that things get back on track

3 minutes ago, Alexoff said:
3 hours ago, Little 908 said:

That was very hype

<s> Game development is linear, isn't it? </s>

49 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

<s> Game development is linear, isn't it? </s>

It would be interesting to hear the story of people who have been telling us amazing stories about the development of the game since 2019. I'm fed up with fan speculation.

On 4/5/2023 at 3:29 AM, Little 908 said:

Actually, if we do a simple calculation:

Say if we get a patch every three weeks, and taking that every three months we get a major update, 4 weeks is around a month (28 days) We will get a roadmap update every 3-ish patch's, meaning the science update, if everything before this is true, will be in the place of patch 3 or 4.

but i think that update will take the longest time.  i think there will be a lot of bugfixingpatches before and after it but later there wont be as many bugs to fix and there might just be one patch between updates.

If you think about the things Nate and others have said, and compare what we know, there is little reason for us to think that the Roadmap updates would fit any predictable schedule. 

SCIENCE should be fairly easy as it isn't greatly changed from KSP and should only introduce parts and systems that we are already familiar with from KSP.  So 'not a long wait' for it is a decent / reasonable expectation. 

COLONIES is the thing I hear them get the most excited about.  I'm guessing they've put a lot of work into Colonies, and have also based most of 'the rest of the game' on content they will introduce with this update.  So Colonies won't just add new parts - there are likely to be significant new mechanics introduced.  It's also the first update that makes KSP2 a true '2' and not a reskin.  So we should expect Colonies to be a (if not the) biggest update.  Thus, it will not surprise me if it takes twice as long between Science and Colonies as it does between Release and Science.   It also won't surprise me if Colonies released in stages. 

I don't really see INTERSTELLAR as quite the significant update as Colonies (despite programmers saying that "it's hard") - because while it will add new content and new parts the only really crazy change should be 'going interstellar' with the rest (minus Rask&Rusk) being functionally the same (albeit new). 

EXPLORATION will be a game changer.  Literally.  With this we get to a mature title that is truly expansive of the promise of KSP - and can make KSP2 legendary.  It's the update that takes KSP2 the furthest into 'game' territory (as opposed to sandbox / sim) of all the updates.  Resource gathering and science gathering with a progression system?  Yes, please! It won't surprise me if it follows a similar format as Colonies: Lengthy time between the release of the prior update and it along with a high likelihood of being released in stages. 

MP?  By the time we get here, will anyone still care?  It will be fun for those of us who are likely to be playing KSP2 five years from now... But it won't be a huge 'initial sale' influencing feature.  (Few are going to be looking primarily for a good MP game and stumble upon KSP2 then decide to buy it because of the MP features) Might be a good thing for retention and DLC sales but the likelihood of it being a part of the KSP2 feature set within 2 years?  Shrug. 

All of which is to say that trying to read tea-leaves from the initial patch drops and whenever they drop Science as if it will reveal a predictable schedule? 

Folly! 

Edited by JoeSchmuckatelli

Frequency?   I haven't a clue, and I think it's far too fluid a thing to expect any reliable regularity.

It's more important that they get released when the game is stable enough to cope with them and when they are ready.  Currently I don't think it is in a state where it is playable enough to be even worth introducing the next roadmap feature.

I do think that as the state of the game improves then frequency of 'roadmap' updates will tend to increase though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.