Totally Accurate Poll: Modded or UnModded KSP2?

JoeSchmuckatelli

Do you Mod?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play Modded?

• Heck No! Playtesting Vanilla, BAYBEE!
    • Ayup - love me some Mods; only way to KayEssPeeToo!
  2. 2. Bacon?

• Bacon is life
    • I blame Canada - Ham is NOT bacon!

I'm giving the devs chance to add things before looking for things the game may lack in mod section. So far it looks like most of the mods available are just QoL stuff or workarounds/fixes for broken features. Don't need that.

I'm in the no mod camp for KSP1 and KSP2 - there's an exception for Scarecrow's utility, but I like the "purity" of the base game. There's a slim chance I'll dive into mods post 1.0. My philosophy (which probably applies more to FO/TES style games) is that if you're buying a game based upon the modability or available mods, are you really all that interested in the original game anyway? Less applicable to KSP, but it's how I feel.

Mods or die BAYBEE!!!

Seriously though, I love modding games and the few mods available for this one make it more bearable. Mods are really one of the things I look forward to most about the game. Don't get me wrong, I like the base game and the roadmap features ahead, but seeing the results of passionate people doing what they love by expanding their own visions of KSP through mods is a great experience. 

Canadian here, you haven't had real bacon until you've had Canadian Bacon :P

As for KSP 2, I don't play modded, but only because there's not really any mods that I want yet, rather than a desire to avoid modding. Once we see some nice part packs rolling out, and/or life support mods, I'll be jumping on the bandwagon. 

On 4/11/2023 at 5:39 AM, ArmchairGravy said:

I'm firmly in the "No Mods" camp. The $50 I spent made me put all of the burden for getting this game enjoyable completely on the devs to deliver.

A fair position, but I wouldn't completely dismiss mods in the value equation - There is cost and effort put into modding support and frameworks, take it firsthand from a hobby dev, making a moddable game is harder than not. Doesn't excuse a poor quality base game, but it might be a few parts sparser than otherwise on its own.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.