Space Game Tierlist

Little 908

2 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Reentry is amazing!

Agreed! I have to say I was pretty proud of myself when I first bought it a few years ago - I loaded up in a Mercury Redstone and pulled an Alan Shepard without doing the tutorials or even doing more than downloading the (very extensive!) manuals (plural). I managed to launch, separate, reorient for entry, and then land safely down range without killing my virtual self. :p 

12 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

Agreed! I have to say I was pretty proud of myself when I first bought it a few years ago - I loaded up in a Mercury Redstone and pulled an Alan Shepard without doing the tutorials or even doing more than downloading the (very extensive!) manuals (plural). I managed to launch, separate, reorient for entry, and then land safely down range without killing my virtual self. :p 

Impressive! And it's like one dev right?

48 minutes ago, Little 908 said:

My space game tierlist

(i like realism)

uWJ4lHp.png

Because I can hear people dying to hear my hot takes,

A: SpaceEngine, Frontier: Elite II (why was this not on the original list, again? :P)

B: KSP2, Universe Sandbox, NMS

C: SpaceEngineers, Juno, Elite: Dangerous

=========================

D: SpaceFlight Simulator

E: Kerbal Space Program

F: EVE Online, Real Life

39 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Impressive! And it's like one dev right?

Yep. I don’t know if he has help with modeling or anything but he’s been at it for a long time now. I bought it in March 2019 and here we are four years later and he’s still in EA at a (just barely) sub-v1.0 release.  

34 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Because I can hear people dying to hear my hot takes,

A: SpaceEngine, Frontier: Elite II (why was this not on the original list, again? :P)

B: KSP2, Universe Sandbox, NMS

C: SpaceEngineers, Juno, Elite: Dangerous

=========================

D: SpaceFlight Simulator

E: Kerbal Space Program

F: EVE Online, Real Life

F: Real Life :D

26 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

Yep. I don’t know if he has help with modeling or anything but he’s been at it for a long time now. I bought it in March 2019 and here we are four years later and he’s still in EA at a (just barely) sub-v1.0 release.  

What I find amazing is he does it all from the public manuals etc. from NASA from back then. You could spend months reading through them. So much attention to detail it's incredible. 

2 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Almost as grossly pay-to-win as EVE, boring realistic graphics with little artistic flair, awful balancing, unfair mechanics, can I go on? :D

The story line is a bit boring at times, and it takes decades to finish if you're fast

Edited by Little 908

I'd add Egosoft's X4 to the list. Not exactly realism by KSP standards, but X4 has a pretty good space economy simulation. Unlike Elite Dangerous, X4 is a single-player game, which I prefer over internet connected multiplayer. The final chapter "Kingdoms End" will be released April 12. Great game by a small team that has been at it for many decades.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1990040/X4_Kingdom_End/

Edited by Observe

2 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Almost as grossly pay-to-win as EVE, boring realistic graphics with little artistic flair, awful balancing, unfair mechanics, can I go on? :D

Not to mention I've got hundreds of thousands of hours in it and I've not made it to space once.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.