Patch #2 Bugs (so far)

SoulCandy

As of April 12 (2:29 PM, EST) -

Most importantly (since it was addressed in Patch #2)...

• One of my ships teleported to underneath the VAB during construction
    • This has only happened one time, but it happened after Ctrl+Z (undo)
  • Speaking of Ctrl+Z - I also had an Assembly disappear completely following an Undo. To be specific, the parts didn't just erase - they appeared to be invisible. Certain VAB part icons still appeared around the invisible craft (i.e. small 4-way direction/compass circle icon)

Almost all new bugs tho are related to orbital mechanics the the new Maneuver UI

• Maneuver Mode - new, predicted orbit line not showing at times (image below)
  • Spoiler

QBqD29M.jpg

• Maneuver Mode - Burn Time Meter stuck (while in mid-burn pointing at target)
    • No screenshot of this, but it happened twice while en route to Eve, specifically, while attempting to circularize within Eve's SOI
  • Switching between Map View and (Auto) Orbit Flight View sometimes causes parts to shift out-of-place
    • No luck saving/loading game. Only resolvable by reverting back to a previous save or deleting/restarting ship

May or may not be new:

- I noticed that my Kerbal Pilots go into PANIC MODE whenever I time warp in orbit. (i.e. flailing arms around and screaming)
- While in VAB, I'm frequently unable to expand Stage Info Menu (on right hand side), and view the estimated effectiveness of stages while in different SOIs. To be clear, before Patch 2, I almost never had an issue being able to expand a Stage View, click on an engine, and view my TWR on various planet (atmos & vac)

13 hours ago, SoulCandy said:

Maneuver Mode - new, predicted orbit line not showing at times (image below)

This was an issue on v0.1.1.0

For me some vessels (usually probes) just did not allow me to create a manoeuvre

On 4/12/2023 at 2:43 PM, SoulCandy said:

As of April 12 (2:29 PM, EST) -

Most importantly (since it was addressed in Patch #2)...

• One of my ships teleported to underneath the VAB during construction
    • This has only happened one time, but it happened after Ctrl+Z (undo)
  • Speaking of Ctrl+Z - I also had an Assembly disappear completely following an Undo. To be specific, the parts didn't just erase - they appeared to be invisible. Certain VAB part icons still appeared around the invisible craft (i.e. small 4-way direction/compass circle icon)

Almost all new bugs tho are related to orbital mechanics the the new Maneuver UI

• Maneuver Mode - new, predicted orbit line not showing at times (image below)
  •   Reveal hidden contents

QBqD29M.jpg

• Maneuver Mode - Burn Time Meter stuck (while in mid-burn pointing at target)
    • No screenshot of this, but it happened twice while en route to Eve, specifically, while attempting to circularize within Eve's SOI
  • Switching between Map View and (Auto) Orbit Flight View sometimes causes parts to shift out-of-place
    • No luck saving/loading game. Only resolvable by reverting back to a previous save or deleting/restarting ship

May or may not be new:

- I noticed that my Kerbal Pilots go into PANIC MODE whenever I time warp in orbit. (i.e. flailing arms around and screaming)
- While in VAB, I'm frequently unable to expand Stage Info Menu (on right hand side), and view the estimated effectiveness of stages while in different SOIs. To be clear, before Patch 2, I almost never had an issue being able to expand a Stage View, click on an engine, and view my TWR on various planet (atmos & vac)

Large lists of bugs in a single thread don’t help the dev team sort them.   If you could list each bug in its own thread, that’d help a lot.  

On 4/16/2023 at 1:40 AM, Gargamel said:

Large lists of bugs in a single thread don’t help the dev team sort them.   If you could list each bug in its own thread, that’d help a lot.  

I appreciate the pro tip. I'll do that in the future. 

So since the update, I've had random vehicle crashes (as in the game thinks my vehicle has crashed into a surface) when sat on the launchpad. Usually because something became detached (including wings). Reverted, strutted wings on to be sure, retested. Still the same issue. Does seem to be random if it happens or not, but once it happens, it seems to break things when I revert to the VAB.

Also had the undo function fail on more than one occasion, specifically with symmetry/patterns, and only brings back the un-patterned part (so half for symmetry, one in a pattern of 4, etc).

Patterns of struts is broken. Like, it'll pattern it on one component, but then ignore the others in the pattern.

Also, is the air thicker than I remember? Space planes on re-entry break apart fairly easily, and having to use the low-sensitivity option to do anything -caps lock for those who didn't know ;)