Dev Update, Filling In

Nerdy_Mike

• Community Lead

Hello everyone,

As Nate said last week, he is out on vacation and getting some much-needed rest - so I will be filling in to go over a bit of our week in review. 

This week brought on Patch v0.1.2.0 for KSP2 and with it we saw improvements to performance and lots more feedback from many of you in the Community. The feedback we get from all of you helps make KSP2 the best it can be and all of it helps the team :purpleheart:

Update_0.1.2.0_Square.png

Don't forget to check out our upcoming AMA with our Design Director, Shana Markham. Be sure to get all of your questions in and we'll be doing our best to answer as much as we can. You can also ask questions over on the Discord in #ama-questions!

Banner_Shana_Steam.png

This week's challenge we drew some inspiration from SpaceX and with that we have a recreation challenge with some fun challenges attached. Much like many of our other challenges the team can't wait to see what you'll create and accomplish. 

Challenge8_Starship_Landscape_V1.png

If you miss Nate, don't worry he will be back next week! In the meantime, enjoy this promo picture Nate took with the KerBeanie! Get your own here: Kerbal Beanie

Nate Beanie.png

• Community Manager
20 minutes ago, HammerTyme said:

I was hoping for some info about what you’re working on for the next update!  But I’m guessing thats what the next AMA will be for. Looking forward to it!

While members of the team are continuing to squash bugs and tackle performance issues, we're also fully focused on our first milestone: Science. We hope to have more to share on the milestone's features and development in the future.

It's interesting to see that the forum post for the upcoming AMA was created 2 days ago...but not a single response to it until an hour ago.  Did the post just get sucked into the ether and then retrieved?  Or did we get stealth posted there?

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

It's interesting to see that the forum post for the upcoming AMA was created 2 days ago...but not a single response to it until an hour ago.  Did the post just get sucked into the ether and then retrieved?  Or did we get stealth posted there?

Pay no attention to the forum administrators behind the curtain.....

Spoiler

We often prep our posts in advance and then unhide them when they are set to go live. The forum platform also has the ability to change a post's initial post date, so we just edit it to say it was posted a few minutes before.

Just now, Dakota said:

Pay no attention to the forum administrators behind the curtain.....

Hide contents

We often prep our posts in advance and then unhide them when they are set to go live. The forum platform also has the ability to a post's initial post date, so we just edit it to say it was posted a few minutes before.

As I said:  stealth posting!

My craft exploded (read: krakenated) when kissing atmosphere after I tried to deorbit it. But it did it in GLORIOUS FRAMES! I could see the different parts SMOOTHLY yeeting in different directions in the Kerbol System.

Thanks for a great update guys! All hail the Kraken :science:

Just now, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

are you from the future?

i'm assuming he meant that the GAME is $50. when i said "this will be worth the $24", i was referring to the Kerbal beanie, not KSP2. i've already bought KSP2. so no, i'm not from the future lol