RSS/RO/RP-1: Cannot complete a quest/milestone

Hi, 

I've relatively recently decided to start my first RP-1 gameplay, but I get stuck at a certain point between contracts. At the beginning of the career, I've completed the Karman Line quest which should have unlocked the next one, I presume - Downrange 3000 km. However, it didn't get unlocked, saying I have not "Reached 100 km" (I assume that is the Karman line quest, correct me if I'm wrong).  Looking into the cheat menu I can confirm I've completed it (even the game knows it then). Still, the 3000 km downrange quest doesn't get unlocked, which means that I have only basic sounding contracts and rocketplane/x-plane contracts available. 

Screenshots including mod list here: https://imgur.com/a/lovely personJ3k 

I think there must be probably something wrong in the savefile, if there is anyone who would be able to guide me with how to edit it so that RP-1 can recognize the Karman Line quest as completed, it would be greatly appreciated. I know I'm stuck relatively at the beginning quest-wise, but I've already launched my first orbit so I would prefer not to start completely over. (I didn't realize there was something wrong since this is my first RP-1 career and all the new features have been quite overwhelming so far.)

Also, I should add, this issue was probably caused because I initially started the career as RSS/RO only and after a few launches I added RP-1 when I realized the stock tech tree doesn't make much sense for RSS/RO, therefore I had a bunch of milestones (and quests) already done when I opened the RP-1 for the first time. When I start a new career, the Downrange 3000 km quest gets unlocked immediately after my first flight, so there is no problem on the game/mod side, there must be one in my savefile attached here: https://jmp.sh/iLT7yjXD.

Things I (unsuccessfully) tried so far:

• I un-did the Karman Line quest and completed it both from the cheat menu or with a rocket.
  • I've reinstalled the mods and verified files in the store.
  • I un-did (removed) Uncrewed altitude records from the quest archive. I expected this to reset the records, but I am not getting any "contract complete" notifications for flying out of atmosphere. My next record to meet is still 800 km even though I deleted all of the lower records (and removed this next record from accepted contracts).
  • I Regenerated current contracts after each of the steps above (from the cheat menu).
Edited by JohnG
typos

Hm, so even though deleting all contracts (In the cheat menu) and flight records (by hand, I might have missed some in the persistent file) didn't help on its own, changing then the parameters of the Uncrewed altitude 800 km contract to 100 km and completing it did help. Now the 3000 km downrange is unlocked, as well as a bunch of other contracts.

Edited by JohnG

Adding RP-1 to an existing RO career save is a good way to break the save. You'd be better off just starting a fresh save and importing any craft files you've already made in the other save. Crudely hacking the save to try and force it to comply could cause even more trouble further down the line.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.