KSP2 Morale Poll

BowlerHatGuy3

KSP2 Morale Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the issues in the game will be fixed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the game will make it to 1.0?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. What is your opinion of the game right now?

• I’m loving it and can’t wait to see whats next!
    • The game has problems, but I will continue to play and submit feedback.
    • I’m not satisfied with the game in it’s current state. I will come back once it’s stable.
    • Intercept Games has completely lost my trust. I’ve either already refunded the game or will never play it again.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2023 at 03:59 AM

48 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I've made it pretty clear that I'm done with KSP2 until/unless they can fix the major glaring issues.  And at this point, after what Nate said recently, I dont have a whole lot of faith that will happen.

Copy that, yeah.

I'm firmly in the camp of I'll be back later when things are stable acceptably functioning.

The poll is a bit biased. 

1. Do you think that the issues in the game will be fixed?

I’m between Yes and No, because some will some won’t. Even KSP 1 after a decade still has issues, you just gotta dig really deep to find them compared to KSP2

2. Do you think the game will make it to 1.0?

I guess, I hope Yes.

While exciting, I thought it was a tall order when I heard the team talk about it in the last couple of years, and I’m sure it’s extremely difficult to pull it off.

With the current way things are and with this launch, I now say it is most

likely to Be impossible without removing some of the features (multiplayer for example) or dumbing down compared to the high complexity of gameplay we were promised.

3. What is your opinion of the game right now?

I haven’t touched it since 0.1.0, if Science update is very simple and doesn’t add a whole lot, I’ll most likely not play it again until 1.0 if that day comes. 

Edited by GGG-GoodGuyGreg

The second question is kinda pointless and vague. It should probably be rephrased as "Do you think it will reach what you would consider 1.0-worthy level of quality". Otherwise it's just a question of whether IG will slap the "1.0 release" tag onto it at some point in the future, which they could do literally today, tomorrow, whenever their T2/PD bosses tell them to and nothing could stop them.

You misspelled “morale” in the thread title.

Anyway, I’m basically on hold right now, too. With two big bug fixes and patches already but the major trajectory bug still remaining,  I’ve found other games to keep me occupied until that one is fixed. I can’t get excited about the idea of setting up colonies in Kerbolar space when my trajectories are still messed up due to bugs, let alone trying to do any kind of late-game interstellar stuff later on. 

FIX THE BUGS BEFORE ADDING CONTENT! It shouldn’t be as hard as this - KSP1 didn’t have this trajectory bug so just refactor that code and use it until your “improved” trajectory code actually does what you show us it doing.  This is a major gameplay regression, and for those of us who want to play campaigns much further away than just the Mun or Minmus, it is absolutely essential that this one get fixed.

When it is, I’ll be back. Until then, it’s Jedi Survivor, Planet Crafter, Elden Ring (still), Factorio, MS Flight Simulator, or any of the almost 100 other games in my Steam library. And Starfield when it comes out in the fall. Plenty of pull on my gaming attention span. KSP2 has to fix the major bugs before I go back to it whole-hog. 

13 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

Until then, it’s Jedi Survivor, Planet Crafter, Elden Ring (still), Factorio, MS Flight Simulator, or any of the almost 100 other games in my Steam library. And Starfield when it comes out in the fall. Plenty of pull on my gaming attention span. KSP2 has to fix the major bugs before I go back to it whole-hog. 

Same right here.  Plenty of games in my Epic Library (Dead Island 2, Dying Light, KSP1, BreathEdge, to name a few), as well as my XBox Series X and my PS2 (yeah, I like going old-school once in a while).

7 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

and my PS2 (yeah, I like going old-school once in a while).

Funny what people consider “old school,” but I’m old. :) In my game room, aside from my modern PC, I have my XBox One (still haven’t upgraded to a Series X), several Atari 8-bit computers, an Atari 2600, Atari 5200, and Atari 7800; and a Sega Genesis all set up to play any time I want. In storage, I have my XBox360, my PS3, my PS2, and my original PlayStation from launch day. My adult daughter has my old GameCube currently because she likes a bunch of games from that system.  Our old Wii is around here too somewhere. My wife has her Switch on the big TV downstairs, and an extra dock up here in the game room for when she wants to hang out while I’m on my PC or on one of my retro systems connected to CRTs.  

Anyway, most of my gaming last night was on my Atari 7800 testing out a developer’s WIP version of a new homebrew title he’s working on. 

Just now, The Aziz said:

No, it had a worse one. Until it was "resolved" by forcing a timewarp limit on SOI change.

None that I ever experienced in 10 years of KSP1. 

3 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

No, it had a worse one. Until it was "resolved" by forcing a timewarp limit on SOI change.

Well when was the last time someone complained about that bug?

I'd consider it resolved!

Yes, Yes, Not satisfied .

To be more specific...   I think the first two will reach a suitable level, but I can see it being a bumpy ride.

As for the third question, realistically I'm between 'Has problems....'  and 'Not satisfied...' .  Depending on my mood, so...

Not satisfied, but still playing a bit.

4 hours ago, J.Random said:

The second question is kinda pointless and vague. It should probably be rephrased as "Do you think it will reach what you would consider 1.0-worthy level of quality". Otherwise it's just a question of whether IG will slap the "1.0 release" tag onto it at some point in the future, which they could do literally today, tomorrow, whenever their T2/PD bosses tell them to and nothing could stop them.

Ya exactly. Getting to “1.0” is a meaningless metric. 

2 hours ago, BowlerHatGuy3 said:

My intention was more of a “do you think the game is gonna be cancelled or not”

Hmmmm.  No... 

But, I do think it's a serious possibility.

I think they certainly see it as a long-term investment and intend to give it a good chance, but there are obviously limits.

2 hours ago, BowlerHatGuy3 said:

My intention was more of a “do you think the game is gonna be cancelled or not”

It can't be cancelled, it's in EA. It may be abandoned, development stopped and support dropped, but it would almost certainly get labeled as "1.0" at the same time. As in, "Oh, we're so sorry, I guess we were too ambitious and the technology isn't there yet, but, anyway, whatever we have now is 1.0, enjoy, GLHF and thanks for all the fish, we're done here, over and out".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.