[0.2.1] (LFO) Lux's Flames and Ornaments - Custom plumes to fit all your fiery need!

LuxStice

LFO
output-onlinegiftools_1.gifKSP2_x64_UqUYirIQiN.gif
Lux's Flames and Ornaments

Make your plumes pretty! and more!

If you're having troubles installing, try CKAN!

Current Features
a new Additive transparent shader (LFO Base) - this shader, when layered, allows for realistic looking plumes! (Heavly based on Nertea's waterfall, thx Nertea!)
Atmosphere/Throttle controlled values - Control all your plumes the way you want! make them change either they are on vaccum or on the KSC!

===============================================================================

Soon
Tank frost shader - FREEZE!

Spoiler

This shader will be controlled with a mask showing where the frost should appear, then, in game, the current height of the frost will be set depending on the fuel level. Will also support progressive random-ish defrosting.

PeFDYD9.png

Char shader - To add to the soonly available heat mechanics, i'm also working on a char shader that will be overlayed onto the vessel during reentry!

Links

Github - Latest Release - Source Code

Spacedock

Dependencies

BepInEx (comes in SpaceWarp)

SpaceWarp [1.1.1]

Changelog

Spoiler

Fixes

• Fixed plumes not being created when loading a save that was in flight

•  New loading system using Spacewarps Loading Actions. All plumes will now be under ModFolder/assets/plumes
  •  Added support for:
  • child plumes, to keep your plumes organized
  • shader specific configuration
  •  Maintaining present Throttle VFX
  •  As many meshes as you want
  •  

Special Thanks to:
munix
for providing me with reference videos for the plumes and feedback about them
Nertea for creating waterfall and paving the way for this mod to be created

Soon there will be an ingame editor for the plumes (along with an ingame way to save the configs)

License

Edited by LuxStice

Manual install working fine, but could not find it listed in CKAN at all.  It does not even show up as a manually added mod in the CKAN modlist for me.  Are we still just waiting on repo updates, or is there something else I am missing here?

Are some of those engines being shown from other mods?

Just now, RaccoonTOF said:

Manual install working fine, but could not find it listed in CKAN at all.  It does not even show up as a manually added mod in the CKAN modlist for me.  Are we still just waiting on repo updates, or is there something else I am missing here?

I believe we are still waiting on updates. I installed it through CKAN and noticed no changes. I personally wouldn't mind the option to edit the plume in both the VAB and in flight

Awsome! Now I can brick my laptop in syle! :D When frost is released, is there the possibility of you making it for ksp1 too because while ksp2 is out. It is in its early stages of development and ksp is a far more reformed game missing such an awsome feature!

59 minutes ago, idkgeek said:

Awsome! Now I can brick my laptop in syle! :D When frost is released, is there the possibility of you making it for ksp1 too because while ksp2 is out. It is in its early stages of development and ksp is a far more reformed game missing such an awsome feature!

I dont have experience in KSP1 modding but if i find some time i'll look into it!

3 hours ago, Somecallmesteve said:

Are some of those engines being shown from other mods?

The engines are from SORRY, i dont believe there's more mods who add engines yet.

• 2 months later...

0.2.0 changelog

•  New loading system using Spacewarps Loading Actions. All plumes will now be under ModFolder/assets/plumes
  •  Added support for:
  • child plumes, to keep your plumes organized
  • shader specific configuration
  •  Maintaining present Throttle VFX
  •  As many meshes as you want

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Does this still work with For Science?

Yes, the base mod still works, I've been maintaining it while Lux has been away, however most engine mods have outdated configs and as a result the plumes will look wrong, like this:

Spoiler

frcPDwu.png

It is mostly just a matter of changing one or two values in the plume configs though.

8 hours ago, munix said:

Yes, the base mod still works, I've been maintaining it while Lux has been away, however most engine mods have outdated configs and as a result the plumes will look wrong, like this:

Reveal hidden contents

frcPDwu.png

It is mostly just a matter of changing one or two values in the plume configs though.

Tested it last night and seemed like some engine sounds were bugging a bit. Didn't see any differences with my plumes though.

I installed it through CKAN. Could that be the reason why?

1 hour ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

Tested it last night and seemed like some engine sounds were bugging a bit. Didn't see any differences with my plumes though.

I installed it through CKAN. Could that be the reason why?

Engine sounds are most likely unrelated to LFO, since it doesn't interact with those in any way. Also, the plume issue depends on whether the author updated their plumes. I did some quick testing:

Spoiler

rPhhA16.png

At the top are some SORRY engines (the ones that don't completely break LFO), then KESA engines, then Questaria, and at the bottom are SPARK engines (for none of which the plumes work).

You can see the for example the SORRY sea level (second from the top) and Questaria sea level (8th from the top) engine plumes are wrong, while KESA plumes are all updated for the newer LFO versions.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed this alongside a few other things, but this one is the only one that has something to do with graphics, and I've noticed a little bug. Just this weird cloud that seems to follow my ship everywhere. Looks kind of like what happens at launch under the pad. 96brr1s.png

Edited by silvermistshadow

6 minutes ago, silvermistshadow said:

I just installed this alongside a few other things, but this one is the only one that has something to do with graphics, and I've noticed a little bug. Just this weird cloud that seems to follow my ship everywhere. Looks kind of like what happens at launch under the pad. 

I'm like 99% sure that it shouldn't be related to LFO, at least I can't imagine how it would be, since it doesn't touch any of the stock visual effects, it creates its own completely from scratch.

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2023 at 10:48 PM, LuxStice said:

Mesh based plumes have been giving me headaches, so i made them Volumetric, here's some beauty shots

on the next update of LFO

KSP2_x64_WdnILQvFdx.gifUnity_Hg2BQERDQt.gif?width=184&height=67Unity_FupM5xsyWU.gifUnity_hX7SWzPyij.gifUnity_j7QlZHDBvv.gif

Discord_GXYmQlFody.gif?width=508&height=

The gifs were stored on discord and are no longer available.