If you were the first person on mars, what would you say?

KleptoKat

"Houston, Mars Base Alpha here, aeiou."

I just had to.

The year is 2051. Commander John A. Madden of the Multinational Space Association is stuck behind a desk on Mars Station, managing the station's day-to-day operations. He's more than qualified as an engineer to be a part of the Jupiter expedition leaving next month, but the MSA has seen fit to keep him where he is, just as they have for the past twelve years.

Today's scheduled shipment of supplies approaches the station. Madden opens the docking port shield, then turns to the communication screen and opens his mouth to clear the ship for docking.

Before he can say a word, three gleeful faces appear on the screen, doubled over with mirth in the microgravity. "John Madden!" one says, between fits of wild, hilarious laughter. "John Madden! John Madden! John Madden!" The other two join in, flooding the cramped space with a mind-numbing flood of nonsensical drivel. "Yoyoyoyoy-" "Questionmark exclamation point! Question mark excla-" "Nine nine nine! Nine nine nine! Nine-" "Aeiou! Aeiou! Ae-" "Brbrbrbrbrbrbr!"

Commander John Madden slams his fist against the communication computer's power button until the noise stops, the screen goes black, and the hard drive whines to an abrupt halt, then reaches over to the control panel and closes the docking port.

John A. Madden is a broken man leading a cursed life, all because an ancient, meaningless meme couldn't be left to die.

Edited by GreeningGalaxy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest alemagno12

''That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for man-kind, blah blah blah, and hope Chuck Norris does not find me, suck my ...., the end.''

• 3 months later...

I would simply say: "Well, that was anticlimactic. I guess I'll just have to fix that! *goes and sets lander/ship on collision course with return vessel* WOO! Look at that explosion!!!" Then run away screaming about some kind of aliens and break the camera.