Mohopeful

Nate Simpson

30 minutes ago, moeggz said:

You’re missing a key word in your second sentence. I don’t know what you’re saying here, if you clarify it I will try to answer whatever you’re asking. 

I didn't understand what was going on there. As I understand it, the developer wrote that the fan's pessimism is wrong, but he will not explain anything. The help of professional mind readers is needed, since it is impossible to interpret such a message unambiguously. Although I don't really understand where the optimism of the fans should come from, over the past three years, the developers have constantly given reason for pessimism.

Edited by Alexoff

Spicat:

That’s fair. It wasn’t my intention to misquote either, which is why I posted the whole interaction to Reddit. Don’t know how to do that on the forums. 

And I could see how 1/2 could be read as “one or two” when I meant 6 months. Better to be clear. But on Reddit everyone interpreted it as 6 months as I intended. And it is seeming to be that, at least that part, was not incorrect.

1 hour ago, Alexoff said:

I didn't understand what was going on there. As I understand it, the developer wrote that the fan's pessimism is wrong, but he will not explain anything. The help of professional mind readers is needed, since it is impossible to interpret such a message unambiguously. Although I don't really understand where the optimism of the fans should come from, over the past three years, the developers have constantly given reason for pessimism.

It was a pretty ambiguous message I agree. But I feel like now it’s basically guaranteed that science is at least 6 months way from launch (and as long as he read 1/2 year as 6 months and not 1 or 2 years) that part was accurate, not “very inaccurate.”

edited to keep who I was talking to clear.

Edited by moeggz
Grammar

To be honest, I think they are not certain of the science release date themselves (even approximately). I'm fine with it better to be sure than to delay a previously announced date. 6 months between update seems to be a good bet, but as a lot of discussion around here, those are only speculation and should be treated as such.

We are in a state of the game where the future is very shady and we can't really know for certain that the game will turn out great. I will at least give them the benefit of the doubt for now because it has been only 3 months since release and it's not a really long time in game devs. Maybe I'm just a very patient person (I let cp2077 cook for 2 years and wasn't disappointed when I played it).

6 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Modern gaming practices do not involve opening the code of the old game, but removing it from users.

That's why we're starting this movement to let everyone know that this is something we're willing to fight for.

4 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Then why do they not tell us what bugs they are working on?  Why the secrecy?  

Probably to not create expectations that they will be fixed in the next update. If it isn't they get the same response in the line of 'why hasn't it been fixed yet',  with add-ons like 'you said you've been working on it'

If i recall correct they did share in a weekly that creating false expectations was the main reason.

4 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Why not have a public bug tracker?

That's a very good question, because like you already mentioned earlier, it's not helping that there is none. 

I didn't do even one bug report because of it not being available, I only gave feedback on missing QOL features, likes, dislikes and changes I'd like to see through the feedback button.

1 minute ago, Pat20999 said:

How many patches till the science update do you think.

I'll guess five :)

Five really good patches!

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't looking forward to the Science update (even if running KSP 2 quite literally almost destroyed my laptop the last time I did it)

14 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

Probably to not create expectations that they will be fixed in the next update. If it isn't they get the same response in the line of 'why hasn't it been fixed yet',  with add-ons like 'you said you've been working on it'

It's been 5 weeks since the release of the previous patch, is there still no certainty about which bugs will definitely be fixed?

13 hours ago, DancZer said:

When an update come for KSP2 I try it if I can enjoy it now or not. 

Dude! We paid $50.00 for this! I paid $15.00 for ksp 1 and it had modding! THATS the difference! And i bought 3 copies of this Piece of garbage. Im sorry, but, they straight up ripped us off! What i would personally like to see is them bring back Harvester (creator of ksp 1) in some form or capacity if even as a consultant. If i knew they did that then i would have more confidence about this game and its future 

Edited by Redneck

8 minutes ago, Redneck said:

Dude! We paid $50.00 for this! I paid $15.00 for ksp 1 and it had modding! THATS the difference! And i bought 3 copies of this POS. Im sorry, but, they straight up ripped us off! 

The stupid guy who thought that it was a good idea to EA in this state of the game.

I think it wasn’t up to the dev’s but instead private division.

Edited by Pat20999

7 minutes ago, Redneck said:

Dude! We paid $50.00 for this! I paid $15.00 for ksp 1 and it had modding! THATS the difference! And i bought 3 copies of this POS. Im sorry, but, they straight up ripped us off! 

Sorry but that made me laugh out loud. So you bought 1 copy and then hated it so much you bought 2 more? Wut?

3 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Sorry but that made me laugh out loud. So you bought 1 copy and then hated it so much you bought 2 more? Wut?

3 all at the same time. passed 2 out to friends. Had one friend come all the way from Wisconsin to Texas to be here on launch day and yeah we knew about EA but damn man we expected the game to at least work! 2 brand new rigs 13900k with 3070's

Edited by Redneck

11 minutes ago, Redneck said:

3 all at the same time. passed 2 out to friends. Had one friend come all the way from Wisconsin to Texas to be here on launch day and yeah we knew about EA but damn man we expected the game to at least work!

I’m still really hyped but (because I don’t like intercepting) I try to single launch a space station but because of bugs: KABOOM.

I also hope it’s going to be more popular in the future so I can play with my real friends.

(they all don’t know KSP2.)

Edited by Pat20999

26 minutes ago, Pat20999 said:

How many patches till the science update do you think.

I'm still thinking 2 QOL updates to bring the base game forward before Science Milestone, with the first one being 0.1.3.0

it falls in line with the bigger and better patches slowdown cadence. 

We've got an bugfix patch and a performance patch, and I know for certain that I saw an EA ESA event interview in which was mentioned that they prognosed 2 QOL updates, I just can't seem to find it anymore.

24 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

It's been 5 weeks since the release of the previous patch, is there still no certainty about which bugs will definitely be fixed?

'We’ve already seen a few big bugs go down (you can throw a fairing away now in the VAB without endlessly redeploying its editor, for example), but I’m going to hold off on itemizing other fixes until they’re confirmed zapped by QA.'

Which falls in line with not creating false hope.

2 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

'We’ve already seen a few big bugs go down (you can throw a fairing away now in the VAB without endlessly redeploying its editor, for example), but I’m going to hold off on itemizing other fixes until they’re confirmed zapped by QA.'

Before they was brave and talk about more fixes. Now few fixes...

2 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

Which falls in line with not creating false hope.

Previously, they talked a lot and, apparently, did little, but now they say little and do too little, so there’s not much to hope for either

50 minutes ago, Alexoff said:

Previously, they talked a lot and, apparently, did little, but now they say little and do too little, so there’s not much to hope for either

Do you think that previous 2 patches were small, given they did them in ~1 month time?

8 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Why not have a public bug tracker?

I'm in favour of this idea. However, it can also backfire. If some bug is so messy and connected to other things, it can stay in "in progress" for quite a bit, so everyone will wonder why is this taking so long?

16 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

To take it back to anything that concerns fixing broken products, even games. It takes time, and most of the time with any broken product, you'll be in the dark when or even if it gets fixed.

15 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

The Trajectory bug is a game breaking bug, which prevents the game from being a game. I really don't get why there is so much uncertainty about getting it or other game breaking bugs to get fixed. To me it's simple, it needs to be fixed to become a product, so it's going to be fixed, they are working on it, there is no other way the can't be.

8 hours ago, MechBFP said:

You are never going to know that anyway. Just because a bug is acknowledged doesn’t mean it is going to be fixed anytime soon. Satisfactory for example has a number of acknowledged bugs that have been around for years at this point, they simply aren’t a priority, even though they are obvious bugs that everyone runs into. 

I'm not sure if you guys weren't here for KSP1, or are being purposefully disingenuous. KSP1 had public bugtracking. You could not only report bugs, but filter them out to see if they had been acknowledged, were already being worked on, ready to deploy on the next update, undergoing QA, etc. I'm not even citing some obscure project from a complete opposite genre of gaming, I'm talking about literally a game this company bought and took code from. Bug reporting and tracking was already done the right way.

10 hours ago, Spicat said:

That's incorrect, here is the correct statement that you posted:

yVe1jHn.png

It was not an answer to "science is at least six months away".

There are maybe "not enough people" but the "anymore" make this false, because looking at linkedin there were never as many people at intercept as of today. To quote Darrin again:

3a0zFEX.png

Excuse the quote as this is not directly aimed at you, but rather at the unprofessional attitude of leaving these official threads to fester, whilst they actually give out answers to the same questions in the discord without echoing them here. Specially after being told in the previous dev update that there's "nothing to add to these conversations". It seems not only there is, but we're being selectively left out of it.

8 hours ago, The Aziz said:

pre launch dev diaries that went hard into technical side barely got any traction.

Care to list some examples? Most of them appeared rather hollow to me.