Mohopeful

Nate Simpson

9 hours ago, jost said:

[snip]
The success of KSP2 needs more competent team members not less. And even with new hires it would take some time to show any results (since they needed to be trained, getting used to the source code etc). 

That is why I suggested approaching talent that may have been let go previously as they would require less training and have experience with the problems and code involved.  [snip]

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator

2 hours ago, darthgently said:

That is why I suggested approaching talent that may have been let go previously as they would require less training and have experience with the problems and code involved.  [snip]

Thank you, that's... absolutely meaningless.

Edited by Starhawk
Quoted post redacted by moderator

Not complaining about the fact they add grid finns (is really cool and nice). But letting them be procedural adjusted would be really cool. A lot of parts would be inproved a lot if they would be procedural/adjustable (feul tanks, engine nozzles, cargo bays etc.) and would make searching for parts and part count way less 

On 5/24/2023 at 9:54 PM, adsii1970 said:

Heh, welcome to the fun of an early access game. May I recommend a different playing strategy? Here's what I've been doing in KSP2 - and for the most part, it's not for anything other than giggles, grins, and all-out laughs!

• I do not do any serious sessions where I expect any sort of save game to ever be able to load. So, no long term missions like I do in my 1.3 game.
  • I throw crap craft together and come up with the most absurd craft I can think of... To paraphrase a USPS commercial, "click and ship" and wow, have I seen some spectacular explosions! And unexpectedly, a few have gotten into orbit, and a few have made it to the Mün and back!
  • I also never dock anything knowing that docking does not work.

And when I feel myself getting angry, I just go do something non-computer for a while. It just isn't worth getting angry over something that's supposed to be fun.

You never dock? So, why missions, goals... Go Dress, land, send a probe, jump, and back... without any dock, of course.

15 minutes ago, LUCINNDA said:

You never dock? So, why missions, goals... Go Dress, land, send a probe, jump, and back... without any dock, of course.

Not until the bugs are worked out! I’m not wasting hours and/or days on missions because KSP2 has issues (major issues) that affect gameplay. 

Until those bugs are addressed and I can dock without the game tossing me out/freezing/locking down my PC, then I will begin to play as I do in KSP (original). But right now, it’s just not possible. :/

On 5/27/2023 at 9:00 PM, adsii1970 said:

Not until the bugs are worked out! I’m not wasting hours and/or days on missions because KSP2 has issues (major issues) that affect gameplay. 

Until those bugs are addressed and I can dock without the game tossing me out/freezing/locking down my PC, then I will begin to play as I do in KSP (original). But right now, it’s just not possible. :/

Same here, I stopped doing any sort of missions since I couldn't get it to work properly.
After landing on Duna I figured Laythe was the next stop, but my spaceplane wouldn't get off the ground due to a bug where the control surfaces were reversed.
And even if I could get it to laythe, I wouldn't count the mission since there's not even any re-entry heating.
I'll start playing again if there's something to be done other than visiting the planets and looking for easter eggs, I hope science comes back soon.