Intercept games FAQ said something suspicious…

Pat20999

7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Maybe some that are too small/insignificant to be put on the roadmap as a main milestone. It's nothing new they don't want to reveal everything.

No, you can see that they didn’t complete the roadmap. They put a blurred feature at the end it’s probably Skutt; the asteroid in the Qeq system. Which means that after multiplayer EA is not over yet.

It is. What's blurred is past 1.0, they're not ending the development there. The roadmap includes the original and still relevant plan for what the game is supposed to be - what was advertised to be since 2019. What's later is what it could be, and is most likely no further than in the brainstorming process.

1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Probably.  And the hope is that it's robotics.

I would rather they use the DLC opportunities to explore some new aspects and angles than simply rehashing KSP1's DLC scheme. That said, I also fully expect that by the time release of 1.0 for KSP2 comes around that we are on (fundamental) feature parity between the two games. Meaning that ideally robotics are fit somewhere into the pre 1.0 roadmap, along with self-contained missions/scenarios that go beyond just the expanded tutorial scenarios, as well as a way for us to build our own situations and missions along those lines and all.

43 minutes ago, Geredis said:

I would rather they use the DLC opportunities to explore some new aspects and angles than simply rehashing KSP1's DLC scheme. That said, I also fully expect that by the time release of 1.0 for KSP2 comes around that we are on (fundamental) feature parity between the two games. Meaning that ideally robotics are fit somewhere into the pre 1.0 roadmap, along with self-contained missions/scenarios that go beyond just the expanded tutorial scenarios, as well as a way for us to build our own situations and missions along those lines and all.

It has already been confirmed by Nate that robotics will not be part of the game prior to 1.0.  Which is why the hope is that robotics ends up in DLC at some point after 1.0.

And if you are looking for where he stated that...the first AMA.

Yes we know there are lots of features not directly on the roadmap:

MHaujML.png

And we know for instance they have some ideas that can't be revealed right now because these are not yet sure to be in the game. I mean grid fins was not announced before the dev post 2 weeks ago.

They  also have an "extended roadmap" which has for instance the console version and Mac/Linux support. So it will probably contains other features they already have some ideas but are just "we'll discuss it later", like mentioned with some things in the 2 AMAs.

Edited by Spicat

48 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

That...already exists.  That nifty white line in map view?

In your experience, does it show you the actual trajectory of your ship, or a random trajectory that may or may not be your own? For me, it seems to display a random trajectory.

3 minutes ago, VlonaldKerman said:

In your experience, does it show you the actual trajectory of your ship, or a random trajectory that may or may not be your own? For me, it seems to display a random trajectory.

It shows the current trajectory, unless you are plotting an interplanetary transfer, in which case it is part of the bug.

6 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

It shows the current trajectory, unless you are plotting an interplanetary transfer, in which case it is part of the bug.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I think Nate also said they are fixing soon, so fingers crossed!

Anyways, to stay on-topic, I wouldn’t be surprised if they release a new star system or two as DLC.

1 hour ago, VlonaldKerman said:

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I think Nate also said they are fixing soon, so fingers crossed!

Anyways, to stay on-topic, I wouldn’t be surprised if they release a new star system or two as DLC.

I want a hostile Kerbin like planet with giant aliens as a DLC but no blood or gore but more that your colony is destroyed and you “lost communication” and the same thing would happen if you would go there but you can make high walls to protect yourself and figure the rest out with mod’s.

On 5/31/2023 at 2:49 PM, VlonaldKerman said:

That's a bug.

6 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Nate has mentioned post launch he would like to look at VR support, hope this stays on the radar

VR support would be cool.  And even though they've already shot this down, I'd like to see mobile support.  We won't get it, but I'd still like to see it.

16 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

VR support would be cool.  And even though they've already shot this down, I'd like to see mobile support.  We won't get it, but I'd still like to see it.

Get in line :)   That’s been a request since before I joined the forums.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.