KASA: Reborn - A Collaborative Alternate History Project

apempathy

KASA: REBORN

RebornLogo.png

Heya! I'm Apempathy, but you can call me Ap

This is KASA: Reborn, a community project created and hosted by myself, centered around an alternate history timeline that begins in the year 2014. However, KASA: Reborn is unlike other projects in that it is powered by its participants. In KASA: Reborn, each participant (besides myself) controls a private spaceflight corporation, and through the Discord server that serves as the "hub" of the project, can compete in launch and design contracts, build up and launch their own private projects, and contribute to the overarching storyline of the space agency KASA, which is controlled by yours truly. At the time of making this post, the KASA Discord server has over 130 members, and over a dozen active participants. Currently, we're in the year 2024 in the timeline,  but that doesn't stop you from joining if you'd like! The link to the Discord should be at the bottom of this post (if I remember to put it there...), and you may feel free 
to join in on the fun at any time to spectate, or even become a participant yourself!

Now, as for the purpose of this forum thread, I'm essentially going to be posting a "recap" of sorts of every year in the KASA: Reborn timeline, starting in 2014.  That way, those of you who would like to just read through the storyline as if it was a typical alternate history story can do so. However, I will note that it is quite difficult for me to include everything that happens, as KASA: Reborn is a very eventful project. So, this thread will just have the most important/notable timeline events. To see everything, it's best to join the Discord server. And hey, who knows, maybe I'll stick some other KASA-related stuff in here eventually!

Finally, before I get out of here, there's just a couple of other things I would like to mention:

1. KASA: Reborn, as the name suggests, is not the first iteration of KASA. It's actually the third, but it serves as a sort of spiritual "sequel" to what we call "KASA Season 1", which was the very first. KASA Season 1 was also created by yours truly, and lasted from December 2021 to July 2022. KASA: Reborn began in October 2022 and has lasted ever since. Season 1 followed a completely different alternate history timeline than Reborn, and I may actually end up making a similar thread for Season 1 someday, if there's enough interest!

2.  I also have a YouTube channel, where I post some long-form cinematics relating to KASA! It would really mean the world to me if you checked it out, as I've worked quite hard on them and I'm still looking for ways to improve my skills. So if you're interested in that kind of stuff, the link to my channel will be alongside the Discord invite link. 

Alright, I think that just about covers it, but if you have any questions, feel free to let me know and I will answer!

So now, without further ado...

screenshot2196.png?width=1191&height=670

Let the story begin.

Discord: discord.gg/kasaksp
YouTube: 
Apempathy

MOST RECENT CINEMATIC: 

Edited by apempathy

One of the best KSP projects I have ever been in.*
                                                                                                             *wasp has only participated in this KSP project

WI WAS HERE

• 3 weeks later...

PROLOGUE - "A REBORN WORLD"

unknown.png?width=1191&height=670

?̷̭͈͎̰͉̏̎̏́̓̇͛͆̄͐̔̃͛̃̕?̷̨̯̫̬̟̮̉̋̔̌̍͂̈́̃̈͑̈́͠͠?̷̣̟̦͔̀͐̋̾͛̂̑̔̎̂͒̓͑̒̽̿̂ wakes up, not entirely aware of his situation.

53_48_45_49_53_54_48_45_4B_45_59.png?width=1198&height=670

It all happened so fast. One moment, he was there, with all of ť̴̺͙̪͔̿̋̓̇̓͊̒̔̊͠͝h̵̰͓̰͗̒̒̃͗̕͜ĕ̵̛̄͒̾̓̆̊̐͒̂́̚͜͝m̶̭̪͈̺͇̤͊̔̍̀̈́͂̋̑͊̀̓̂̃͗̚, watching the sunset.

unknown.png?width=1191&height=670

The next, he was here, alone, with his KT-24 Hawk parked behind him, in the same spot where he left it.

He knew he was supposed to be here - in fact, he chose to be here - but he didn't know what his purpose here was. He knew where he was, but he didn't know where he was.

Until his radio crackled to life.

"Hey, we need you in the Cape immediately. We've got news."

"I-wh-okay? Um...all-hands?"

"Yes, be here at 1330. We need everyone. It's bad."

"Alright, I'm on my way."

And so, a new journey begins. 
One that will not only rival, but perhaps even surpass, that which came before it.

RebornLogo.png

TO BE CONTINUED

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.