Landing Geer Bouncing on Eve

Hello everyone.  I am still somewhat new to the game so I apologize for my ignorance.  Built an electric plane to fly around Eve.  Managed to land but as soon as I stop the landing gear starts bouncing, to the point where the plane will flip and wreck.  I have tried adjusting the friction override.  I have also seen some stuff about springs and dampers but I don't see those settings.  Here is a picture of what is left of the plane.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HPem_4rgsH4oz_PLenD4iLLk4jw7EtGj/view

3 hours ago, GupperKay said:

Hello everyone.  I am still somewhat new to the game so I apologize for my ignorance.  Built an electric plane to fly around Eve.  Managed to land but as soon as I stop the landing gear starts bouncing, to the point where the plane will flip and wreck.  I have tried adjusting the friction override.  I have also seen some stuff about springs and dampers but I don't see those settings.  Here is a picture of what is left of the plane.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HPem_4rgsH4oz_PLenD4iLLk4jw7EtGj/view

You may need to enable "advanced tweakables" in the settings screen for springs and dampeners.  I can't remember for sure and can't right now, but maybe this will help

If the plane is bouncing after it has stopped moving, it sounds like the gear is attached to something insufficiently rigid, such as wings. 

If a plane is sufficiently heavy, and has gear that is attached to wings or other parts, the otherwise motionless craft will often bounce as the wings are actually flexing under all the weight. Even if that didn’t happen on the ground on Kerbin, the wings might’ve been close to that point and are failing in the higher gravity of Eve. Try adding struts to make them more rigid- that should fix it. Alternatively you can move the gear to the fuselage but that might come at the cost of stability during landing. 

On 6/2/2023 at 11:20 AM, Juno_Atlas_Saturn said:

Alternatively you can move the gear to the fuselage but that might come at the cost of stability during landing. 

I find it extremely helpful to mount the gear to the fuselage, never mount to wings.  If you need your gear to be wider for stability, you can use the offset tool to spread them out.  Doing that you get the best of both worlds- game still thinks the gear is attached to the fuselage, and you still get the stability benefits of wider gear.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.