BD-FPS Fixed for 1.12.5

Foxtrot171

thumb_BD_-_FPS-1473535010.52278.jpg

There was a mod long ago, broken, and lost to Kerbalkind... 

I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THIS MOD!!!!!

I really wanted this mod by SpannerMonkey fixed, and when I figured out a solution to one simple bug (It came to me in a dream) it all fell into place.

I fixed BD-FPS. It works on the newest (as of posting) version of KSP; that is, 1.12.5

DEPENDS ON BDARMORY AND KIS!!!!!!!!!

READ DIRECTIONS OR IT WON'T WORK AS INTENDED!!!!!!!!

Installation:

-First, install BDArmory and KIS (optionally KAS) on Curseforge

-Download the below file:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lt1r2vqil81kz/BD+FPS

-Extract all into your GameData folder (if it says there's files with the same name press "replace"

Directions

-In the editor, put the "Weapon Manager Backpack" into your capsule's KIS inventory NOT THE STOCK ONE 

-Then put any guns rockets etc.  into the inventory (optionally ammo)

-once outside the editor, go EVA with the Kerbal you selected to have the weapons.

-Activate RCS to put hands in correct position.

-Open KIS inventory, equip gun FIRST, equip manager backpack SECOND, then open BD Armory controls THIRD. If you do not follow this order, the weapon will not be detected by the BD control console.

-Select your gun in WEAPONS in the BD controls, then ARM TRIGGER. If you need help, take a look at the BD Armory thread.

-Voila! You've just given a firearm to a creature that probably shouldn't use a firearm.

Known Issues

-44 magnum is missing due to my crappy save corrupting it while I was testing

-really specific usage mechanics

-I'm not a trained tech support guy

Q

If you have any questions about this pertaining to the BD-FPS portion of the mod, ask me through my email or twitter because I don't use the forums that much: [email protected] or @Foxtrot1711 (Don't ask SpannerMonkey, I don't work with him. I don't even know if he's active.)

If your questions pertain to BD Armory, ask PapaJoesSoup or the BD Armory community.

If your questions pertain to KIS/KAS, ask the respective communitities.

I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF THIS MOD!!!!!

Credit to SpannerMonkey and others for the actual mod, all I did was change two lines in the .cfg files.

Liscense: cc-by-sa 

Edited by Foxtrot171
there was no source code in the first place

@Foxtrot171,

To comply with our add on posting rules, please select a license to go with your mod, make sure it complied with the original mods license, post it here in the OP, on the download site, and include the full license in the downloadable site.     We also require a direct link to the source code of the mod.    

thanks! 

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

@Foxtrot171,

To comply with our add on posting rules, please select a license to go with your mod, make sure it complied with the original mods license, post it here in the OP, on the download site, and include the full license in the downloadable site.     We also require a direct link to the source code of the mod.    

thanks! 

Gotcha, will do this when I get home. I don't want any trouble lol

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

@Foxtrot171,

thanks! 

Gotcha, will do this when I get home. I don't want any trouble lol

@Gargamel

I went looking on the forum thread and download site for the original mod, and it seems that V8Jester neglected to ever post his source code, so I'm screwed on that front.  :(  The only thing I did to fix the mod was in the .cfg files, so I never needed the source code. I never found a Github page for it anywhere. Musta been less strict here in 2015. 

On 6/6/2023 at 4:24 PM, Foxtrot171 said:

I went looking on the forum thread and download site for the original mod, and it seems that V8Jester neglected to ever post his source code, so I'm screwed on that front.  :(  The only thing I did to fix the mod was in the .cfg files, so I never needed the source code. I never found a Github page for it anywhere. Musta been less strict here in 2015. 

As far as I can tell, the only contents of this mod that you've posted are the following file types:

• Config files
  • Part models
  • Part textures
  • Sounds

It's noteworthy that "source code" isn't a thing for these file types.  The files themselves are the source, essentially.

The requirement for posting source code generally only applies to executable code, e.g. DLLs that are compiled from source code.

From looking at your mod, I don't see that you have any DLLs in it anywhere.  Can you please confirm that this is true?

Assuming that it's true, then "source code" isn't really a thing for your mod, and therefore you're not "missing" anything.

In other words:  As long as your mod has no DLLs in it, then you're fine. :)

On 6/9/2023 at 8:36 AM, Snark said:

In other words:  As long as your mod has no DLLs in it, then you're fine. :)

Ok, so this mod depends on BD and KIS, which do add DLLs, but they're dependencies, not parts of the mod. So yeah, I don't have any DLLs.  Thanks, and sorry for being a mod noob (I probably could've looked harder at the rules lol)!

• 4 months later...

could you perhaps have a link to somewhere other than Mediafire? I can't download any of the files thanks to it saying I need premium for multiple files, and I'm not about to pay for anything.

also, does it work with BDA+?

Edited by Kerbal410

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.