Continuing Tosh's abandoned plugins

Hi,

sadly Tosh left and abandoned all his plugins, but he allowed the community to continue what he started.

I don't want these amazing mods to die because of multiple incompatible versions made by different users, so I whould suggest that we discuss the question about who continues what in this thread. I won't decide anything in here because these aren't my plugins, if two or more want to continue the same one please discuss that in here.

I whould take range adjust because I've already been asked to make something like that by the KOSMOS team and the other plugins are a bit too high for my programming skills.

Kreuzung

As i have already implemented support for sunbeam in lazor system i would at least like to update sunbeam with the code that will enable it. Sunbeam will work just like you are used to, but when connected to a vessel with lazor on it, it will get some additional control features such as mouse look.

As i have already implemented support for sunbeam in lazor system i would at least like to update sunbeam with the code that will enable it. Sunbeam will work just like you are used to, but when connected to a vessel with lazor on it, it will get some additional control features such as mouse look.

Is this already implemented? :D

The only thing I would hope to see happen, is that if you take over support for one of Tosh's fantastic mods...you take care of ALL of that mod, not just the bit that supports your current concern.

Tosh did a great job of making his mods available for open development, I'd hate to see then gutted to support a limited focus.

This is what we have so far, thanks to everyone continuing a mod:

Tiberion - Gemini

Romfarer - Sunbeam

Kreuzung - ShaderReplacer, Range Adjust

mustwinfull - Gravity Canceller

Still left are:

Carts

AutoStrut

Seaplane Floats (sort-of covered by previous 2)

Bicoupler (doesn't really need maintenace)

I'd like to hear if there's someone interested in continuing these, especially Carts because it's one of the most important plugins we have in KSP.

Is this already implemented? :D

On my end it is implemented. But i will recompile sunbeam with the required modifications. And if there is any versioning issues with it down the road i'll take care of that too.

The only thing I would hope to see happen, is that if you take over support for one of Tosh's fantastic mods...you take care of ALL of that mod, not just the bit that supports your current concern.

Tosh did a great job of making his mods available for open development, I'd hate to see then gutted to support a limited focus.

As far as i know, Tosh was finished implementing features for this mod. For the moment my goal is to integrate it with lazor system, like i and tosh have discussed. What will become of this mod down the road, i can't answer for. It will completely depend on the feedback i get.

I have taken it upon myself to work on a carts 1.4, so far I have added CartCommand into the standard build and done a bit of a hacky implementation of the context menu on CartCommand which I will of course be fixing. In future I may add electrical energy support etc.

My main concern is model files. I am not a 3d modeller and tosh never left any soft of license for them. I want to redistribute the models as he has always done but what do you guys thing licensing wise, could I do that? Only change I was planning was seeing could someone add a crew hatch to the door of the Uaz (and maybe turn glass transparency off) so I could swap it over to be a CartCommand demonstration?

Autostruts I have no idea what they do so that would be down to someone else.

I have taken it upon myself to work on a carts 1.4, so far I have added CartCommand into the standard build and done a bit of a hacky implementation of the context menu on CartCommand which I will of course be fixing. In future I may add electrical energy support etc.

My main concern is model files. I am not a 3d modeller and tosh never left any soft of license for them. I want to redistribute the models as he has always done but what do you guys thing licensing wise, could I do that? Only change I was planning was seeing could someone add a crew hatch to the door of the Uaz (and maybe turn glass transparency off) so I could swap it over to be a CartCommand demonstration?

Autostruts I have no idea what they do so that would be down to someone else.

To me, it looks like the models use the same license as the plugin, but you could try to PM Tosh if you're unsure. Also, if you need someone you should come to the IRC channel, it's always full of helpful people (including some of the best modelers).

I have emailed tosh via the contact address he put in the original license attached to both source code and readme, no reply, no delivery failure notification either. I have contacted chicken_plucker about doing the uaz hatch anyway so if I do indeed get a complete model back from him (got a response about him working on it) then kudos to him. Once I get a less hacky implementation of context menus in CartCommand and the modded Uaz back I will be releasing the "1.4" plugin (I didn't like toshes naming system so will be going x.y.z personally).

If there is later objection to the usage of the original models then I will have to swap them for new ones I guess.

Ah, huh, who's there? :0.0:

Well, I do read my mail... but not too often :sticktongue:

Thanks guys for taking care of my projects! There's a reason for me to get back a bit later to see what do they grow into :)

And I confirm: all my models (except for Gemini) are also under BY-SA license; anyone's free to distribute or modify them. And as for Gemini (which is basically BY-ND) -- Tiberion has my explicit permission to modify it and/or create derivative works.

Well then, having received both the above post and an email reply I can say that carts 1.4 is planned for release on friday (probably afternoon GMT time). Context menu's I'm not 100% happy with but they are now working, I probably revisit them though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.