Build your own KSS!

Hey there community,

Did anyone build their own KSS (Kerbal Space Station)?

Since I bought this game I was eager to build one myself... with .16 the parts were there, but the docking didn't came. When .17 came out I hoped so much, and a few weeks ago, finally, there was the ORDA and the Erkle Docking Clamps.

And now, after ~10 hours of planning, building, failing, orbiting, rendevouing, docking.... I have it.

It is not perfect, and some parts are missing, but I don't want my computer to explode. Even with my pretty awesome PC (i5-2500, 8GB RAM, Radeon 6950) KPS has approx. 10 fps at the moment.

Well, long story short, here it is:

http://imgur.com/a/3zAUc#0

Now good night, folks, I'll have my well deserved rest.... :-D

I'd prefer to call it K.I.S.S. (Kerbal International Space Station). I might partake if my computer can handle it...I have the same system as you except 6GB ram yet my average is 15 FPS...yeah I'll just build a huge station and watch it explode on the pad.

Yep, I'm just building it :) Erkle's mod is a great thing - especially when it's the only mod you're using ( except electricity and rover )- the satisfaction when docking without any ORDA etc., steering something heavy - cannot be described :)

I'll drop some screens later.

Tell me guys, do U also have the problem, when there are more than 3 ships connected , when warping time in other ship and returing to the connected one, the parts sometimes are disconnected - several kilometers from each other ?

I must admit ,that I tried to build earlier a big interplanetary ship, with rover, reactors, ION engines etc, 5 modules, they were steerable :) but when I warped time half a year, the ship was in 3 pieces :/

Damnt, I'm dreaming about an option to fuse the connected ships into one ship, that can be later divided. Is it even possible? ..

good luck with your ISS'es

Mine is called Kerbal Spacestation Alpha . ;)

No, I built them with the sections together... It was work enough ;-)

How did you manage that?!

I was hoping to build a space-station with an added feature: Refueling, for both rocket and RCS fuel. Unfortunately, this adds a ton of weight to the whole structure, and the clamping mod (Erkle) isn't the most reliable. Can't select the clamp you wish to clamp to, just selects a nearby one. That wouldn't be a problem if it was just the refueling port that I was attaching to the ship-to-be-fueled. But attaching separate modules all-together is incredibly annoying, especially when trying to load the save and having them separated or even completely despawned.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.