Other (indie) games you like to play/follow

Robo336

Just thought i'd start up a thread for people to post and discuss some of the other indie games they have found.

I'll start out with "Timber and Stone"

I'm really exited about this game. I loved minecraft and the various mods made over the years. Timber and Stone is like a RTS version of minecaft.

A voxel based Village, City and/or Kingdom simulator.

Have a look at the alpha videos an tell me what you think.

Edited by Robo336

Improbable Island is similar to Dwarf Fortress: If it had graphics it would be the best game ever to be created.

It is a Text-Based browser game with heavy emphasis on Role-Playing, that is to say that you don't have to role-play but if you do you should be good at it.

IT'S AWESOME

EDIT: Also, many of the enemies you fight are created by players, so witty humor and not so witty humor are abound.

Is it just me, of has there been a lot of "remember this game concept and design decades ago that was just fracking amazing? Let's update it and make a new version!" going around in the gaming industry? XCOM, Carrier Command, Pioneer, Nexus: TGA, Wasteland 2...

It's like a lot of devs got fed up with big publishers being atrociously predictable and boring with their games so went out and made their own... O.o

It's because of the Kickstarter revolution. Devs have a way now to free themselves from the creative stranglehold of publishers, and make the games they want, for the fans.

If a publisher says "No, you can't make that" they can simply choose to stick two fingers up to their publisher and do everything themselves, using digital distribution. :)

Is it just me, of has there been a lot of "remember this game concept and design decades ago that was just fracking amazing? Let's update it and make a new version!" going around in the gaming industry? XCOM, Carrier Command, Pioneer, Nexus: TGA, Wasteland 2...

It's like a lot of devs got fed up with big publishers being atrociously predictable and boring with their games so went out and made their own... O.o

I think in some ways it parallels the indie movie business.

Digital cameras and the internet have made making and showing your movie much easier and cheaper, so that industry has really grown.

You now see more unique independent movies.

The indie game maker can make a game by himself for himself if he wants to and try to sale it almost as an after though in some cases.

That one game I posted "Starship Corporation", I think is being done basically by one guy.

I just think there are so many different indie game developers out there who all deserve a bit more attention for their work.

As I understand it, Talesworld is making Mount & Blade II.

Starship Corporation looks nice, by the way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.