The Probe!

HarvesteR

what is this thread?

It was somewhat mentioned before, but essentially, the :hailprobe, thing, is a reference to a meme that came out of the Orbiter Forums (if you have not messed with Orbiter, I encourage you to try it). It began, from what I gather, sometime in 2002, among some people working on mods for the game (making Soviet space probes), spread to that forum from a developer IRC, and from there, to the Universe at large. . . .

Harvestr, lead developer for KSP, is on that forum, and during the development of this game made some threads and questions there. If memory serves, KSP was also originally released on that forum.

I hope that helps, and anyway,

:hailprobe

It was somewhat mentioned before, but essentially, the :hailprobe, thing, is a reference to a meme that came out of the Orbiter Forums (if you have not messed with Orbiter, I encourage you to try it). It began, from what I gather, sometime in 2002, among some people working on mods for the game (making Soviet space probes), spread to that forum from a developer IRC, and from there, to the Universe at large. . . .

Harvestr, lead developer for KSP, is on that forum, and during the development of this game made some threads and questions there. If memory serves, KSP was also originally released on that forum.

I hope that helps, and anyway,

:hailprobe

Also, :hailprobe: in the Orbiter-Forum is supposed to produce this emoticon:

Hailprobev2.gif

(It is the Luna 3 spacecraft.)

• 2 months later...
No! You've all got it wrong! :deathtotheprobe: :hailhuman: The Humans shall return to Kerbin! They bring gifts of science and understanding!

What do you think Probes are used for? Science and understanding. That's what probes bring. All humans bring is war, famine, and climate change.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.