C7 SpacePlane Exchange

C7Studios

SRBPlaneonpad.jpg

SRBPlane3.jpg

SRBPlaneCoastingtoApogee.jpg

All SRB space plane designed to get to orbit then return as glider. The wing mounted micro boosters can be jettisoned while still burning and they will miss the air-frame. This gives you a minor bit of control for adjustment of final orbital speed. The inner 2 stock SRBs are held for de-orbit burn.

Guest LoSboccacc

Krussia Intelligence Space System hereby presents: the new Kuran test craft!

14o6e01.png

Using systems from Silisko Industries and the latest development from the C-7 research, the reusable Kuran spacecraft is capable of performing high keart operations and safely* reenter and land back home the kerbonauts.

The radial mounted booster allowed a simplification in the creation of the lower stage, bringing more power and fuel to the Kuran design. The triple engines and the stabilizer cone permit a smooth* orbital insertion!

wapxy9.png

Look at this! With no assisted stabilization!

*Safety achieved in our test environment.

KURAN CRAFT COME WITH EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND CERTAIN OTHER DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW; IN NO EVENT SHALL KISS OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, FOR PERSONAL INJURY, FOR LOSS OF PRIVACY, FOR FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, FOR NEGLIGENCE, AND FOR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY OR OTHER LOSS WHATSOEVER) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, THE PROVISION OF OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUPPORT OR OTHER SERVICES, INFORMATON, SOFTWARE, AND RELATED CONTENT THROUGH THE SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SOFTWARE, OR OTHERWISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROVISION OF THIS EULA, EVEN IN THE EVENT OF THE FAULT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), MISREPRESENTATION, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OF KISS OR ANY SUPPLIER, AND EVEN IF KISS OR ANY SUPPLIER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

yes it's the one we all love, from M$

*Read our manual below for proper smooth operations

The radial stabilizing booster consume few, but significant fuel. If you let the first stage to burn to its end, then the central stabilizing leg will stop providing thrust before the two external legs. Jeb said that the ride on the fuel testing flight was a little bumpy. Be advised. (It usually happens on the 15km mark)

Other than the C-7 parts it uses components from SIDR&SD, the radial booster pack and the radial coupler I did that doesn't allow fuel to flow. also wobbly rockets (probably the stronger top decoupler)

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=1109.0 SIDR&SD

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=1460.0 radial booster pack

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=2605.0 sealed radial decoupler

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/index.php?topic=79.0 wobbly rockets

The rocket is pretty easy to fly, turn on SAS and launch. When it starts to lean right, hold left rudder. It will reach orbit no problem. The plane is nearly impossible to control outside the atmosphere for some reason. There seem to be strange forces acting on it anytime I turn off the SAS, when I want to land, I just kind of let it tumble around until it is pointed close to where I want and then fire the engine.

The best part though....

....it looks like Spiderman was here.

WdeJM.jpg

3OhyY.jpg

BFP0W.png

AstroAviation just released their larger deltawing, introducing the X-5! Because the engineers wanted enough power to stretch the smile off of Jeb's face! Is 5 turborocket engines enough, Jeb thinks so?! WARNING: AstroAviation is not responsible for Kermans left on the Mun, enemy SAMs destroying this on the dark side of Kearth during polar orbits, cratered runways, nor unbuckled passengers getting slung into salsa upon takeoff.

Parts: Nova/Sundays, Stock MK1pod, C7 V1.31 pack

X_5.jpg

Pros

-Achieves higher orbits than X-4, carries more fuel into orbit , and performs like a B-58 Hustler on spaceroids.

-No stupid landing gear to cause drag, includes ejecton MK1 Pod if you get in deep !@#$.

-Flies similar to X-4 but overall better endurance.

-Largest pure delta on this thread atm, enjoy!

-Speedy!

-Stable for its size

-Makes a decorative lawndart once crashed nosefirst, says marketing dept.

Cons

-Takeoffs are sketchy at first until you build speed and postive climbrate

-Wingwobble sometimes occurs when pitched violently

-The engineers designed it to FLY awesome and not land easily, DURH! They can't make it do both tasks awesomely.

-Rookies can destroy this in aerobatics easily.

This is a beast of a plane, but its just an example of what can be done with the new hardpoints system and version 1.33 of the flight pack. :) This was requested by CarolRawley.

Requires C-7 Flight pack V1.33 and C-7 Hard Points v0.5.

Pilot at your own risk!

Also Launch it immediately, as it may (will) fall over on the landing pad hehehe.

In all her glory.

MotherShip.png

Craft File

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36240098/KerbalShots/Kerbal%20Knight.craft

• 2 weeks later...

Kerbalian Air Force fighter jet.

Equipped with 3 fully functioning missiles. You can change the staging to fire one at a time, I currently have it fire all 3 at once so I don\'t have to deal with stability issues.

It flies like a cadillac with the ordinance loaded, but once you\'ve blown something up (hopefully not yourself...) you can really throw this plane around. I haven\'t managed to break the wings off of it yet despite my best efforts. It even stays fairly well balanced regardless of how much gas is in the tank.

If you can manage to keep it stable at altitude, you can probably get it into orbit. I had it up to 40k but then lost control because I was hungover and didn\'t feel like trying to get it back. Still had lots of gas in the tank though.

It lands pretty well, mostly.

Made a fun video with it too :)

Used C-7, sunday punch, and the attached mini winglets. I think that is all I used. If it doesn\'t work let me know and I\'ll see what I missed.

Thanks C-7 for making such an awesome addon. Although you\'ve now changed my game from the Kerbal Space Program to the Kerbal Flight Program.

Wow, that flies much better than my 2-missile Cyclone (Upgraded Typhoon design) and my much larger (with more control surfaces) 4-bomb and 2-missile aircraft (to be named). Props to you.

That is quite the beast, indeed.

Also, Tiberion: you can zoom out in the VAB. You\'d probably still not have enough room to create it, however.

Also, Carol... who\'s trolling here?

Somebody posts an image of a craft they\'ve made, and they\'re trolling? What? Even if they\'re modded parts, who cares? It\'s still an impressive thing.

There\'s a first stage that serves the dual purpose of elevating the tail and providing liftoff thrust; it\'s nothing complicated, just a fairly beefy liquid engine and tank. The large wings occupy the entire horizontal extent of the VAB, and were placed by a combination of zooming out and rotating the camera. I could build them larger by moving the entire ship to one side and continuing onward, but I chose not to.

That is quite the beast, indeed.

Also, Tiberion: you can zoom out in the VAB. You\'d probably still not have enough room to create it, however.

Also, Carol... who\'s trolling here?

Somebody posts an image of a craft they\'ve made, and they\'re trolling? What? Even if they\'re modded parts, who cares? It\'s still an impressive thing.

Well, if they decide to upload it, and it uses modded parts that require extensive config scrambling, it is kind of'rub face in.'

But I still admit, it\'s cool, and I do a lot of craft editing to get things exactly lined up, so I guess I\'m a bit of a hypocrite.

I could rebuild this craft to use purely stock and C7 parts. It wouldn\'t be as good, but it would be flyable and quite capable of circling the globe. The terribly tweaked stock ASAS system would require you to fly on manual, most likely, but it could be done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.