[0.21] Hooligan Labs - Airship, Submarines and More

Hooligan Labs

Do want to see this!

Epic fail my duna lander in the SPH so i failed my flight to duna though I got pictures of my failures spining fliping crashing fails. i don't wanna post all of them theres alot

I only see one pic?

I wanted to test this+ the RAT

Just flew it up and dropped the RAT at the landing pad? How did it go?

Do want to see this!

I only see one pic?

Just flew it up and dropped the RAT at the landing pad? How did it go?

It went well, aside from teh fact that the baloon was so heavy to turn, that i had to jettison, and I forgot to turn RCS for that :P I also landed upsidedown, but I managed to turn over.

EDIT:

Do want to see this!

I only see one pic?

Well, thats because he didnt want to upload em all.

man been trying to get these freaking balloons to work there going nuts man,, i attached 2 above/below and only moves when i use rc thrusters,, anything else like rocket on-board is useless and wont supply thrust,, also using the balloon slightest turn my ship just goose eggs on me completely falls apart as if the glue stopped working lol

man been trying to get these freaking balloons to work there going nuts man,, i attached 2 above/below and only moves when i use rc thrusters,, anything else like rocket on-board is useless and wont supply thrust,,

Odd... Can you post a screen shot?

also using the balloon slightest turn my ship just goose eggs on me completely falls apart as if the glue stopped working lol

Yeah, structural integrity is tricky. Adding at least one strut helps a lot. I have found the standard and octo balloons to be the most reliable. The next update, coming ~Friday, tends to not fall apart so easily. :)

I hope I wont get introuble for posting these here but I feel like Hooligan needed to see them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34964[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34965[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34966[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34967[/ATTACH]

Things I will be doing for the Mk2 Rescue Blimp

1. More Fuel

I would like its range to be at least all the way around the world.

2. Rotating engines

The engines need to rotate so I can counteract the forward lean.

Hooligan I hope this is what you imagined when you made this amazing mod.

I hope I wont get introuble for posting these here but I feel like Hooligan needed to see them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34964[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34965[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34966[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34967[/ATTACH]

Things I will be doing for the Mk2 Rescue Blimp

1. More Fuel

I would like its range to be at least all the way around the world.

2. Rotating engines

The engines need to rotate so I can counteract the forward lean.

Hooligan I hope this is what you imagined when you made this amazing mod.

• 6 months later...

Well, I made this silly thing as one of those 'go really fast and really high on jets!' ideas. It also is mechjebby. Anyways, a little bird told me to post it here.

((Yes that's a lot of pictures, but awesome reentry effects ;-;))

m9zzy.png

pb43o.png

zyho3.png

6gm0t.png

kp9vn.png

I can't believe how much was lost when the forums went down! So many things that were shared...

Well, I am going to start posting what I can! If anyone wants to put their old stuff back up, do so! :D

I put the latest video on the front page:

Videogama, very cool new screenshots! Are you sure it wasn't a little octopus though?

Hooligan,

as a huge airship nerd, I love your mod. I have played around with it for a while but put it aside to do my large Mun expedition. however, as soon as I am done with that I am planning on doing an airship expedition (haven't decided where yet) and I was wondering if you could point me to some mods that complement your airship mod, specifically in terms of propulsion (I already have the airship anchor). it seems that what the game gives you is inadequate (jets only work for Kerbin and Laythe, rockets are too heavy and fuel inefficient, ion engines too weak). I have seen some mods for propellors but I don't know what I should go with. btw, I am going for a big airship. probably carrying at least two rovers and maybe some other stuff, like a prefab base.

Hooligan,

as a huge airship nerd, I love your mod. I have played around with it for a while but put it aside to do my large Mun expedition. however, as soon as I am done with that I am planning on doing an airship expedition (haven't decided where yet) and I was wondering if you could point me to some mods that complement your airship mod, specifically in terms of propulsion (I already have the airship anchor). it seems that what the game gives you is inadequate (jets only work for Kerbin and Laythe, rockets are too heavy and fuel inefficient, ion engines too weak). I have seen some mods for propellors but I don't know what I should go with. btw, I am going for a big airship. probably carrying at least two rovers and maybe some other stuff, like a prefab base.

Firespitter is the active airplane mod. There's some pretty fancy stuff in there!

Firespitter is the active airplane mod. There's some pretty fancy stuff in there!

Yes, Snjo has both fueled and electric propellers! I used propellers in my Jool Colonizing / Jool Bungie Jumping adventures.

... btw, I am going for a big airship. probably carrying at least two rovers and maybe some other stuff, like a prefab base.

Cool! Included in the mod should be vessels for going to Jool, Laythe, Duna and Eve. I have a video here...

I think those are the largest ships that you could send into orbit with a single launch. I highly recommend that you assemble the airship in orbit if it will be much larger.

Time for some pics! Was long time i spammed this thread hehe

MeIbo5P.jpg

Base 1

MumA5ug.png

1Hhp7Dl.png(sorry for the darkness)

Yupp works pretty good ;)

Dukeofhell made an seasick plugin that register the vessel its on as landed. This with the combo of squid plates makes colonising mooore easy ^^

Iv been trying to make a model of the balloon that lifted felix up for the jump. its almost done and will use your wonderful module and aid the domes in the transportation