[0.21] Hooligan Labs - Airship, Submarines and More

Hooligan Labs

We appreciate your insanity, ahappydude.

Exactly! I want to counter-spam his posts with :0.0:

It's not related to my mods, but I wanted to share this challenge I did...

I want to let you know that there will be some more mod-lovin' soon. I am working on adding action groups to SQUIDs. I got that in but unfortunately it killed the right-click menu. I figuring out how to have both before updating.

Like a postcard from space haha.

"Wish you were here. It is like a vacuum without you. Wait, that's just the air pressure."

Woo seems like a good challange, is the autopilot of so precise?

Yeah MechJeb will get you within half a kilometer of the landing site. Getting it precisely on is the trickiest part!

Of course, if mods were allowed I would have just floated my blimp back to the landing site. :D

SQUID Release 1.3.0

- As requested, action key bindings are now supported! The right-click menu still works too.

- Sorry, it does not seem possible to bind to the “all†functions. You will have to select each part individually and add it to the binding, like normal.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/squid-paramagnetic-force-system/

for the airships to other planets, the KAS pack got updated, so none of the airships that have already been created wont work, could you please fix this, as im interested to see how many bases on duna i can make with the use of airships

for the airships to other planets, the KAS pack got updated, so none of the airships that have already been created wont work, could you please fix this, as im interested to see how many bases on duna i can make with the use of airships

I tried doing an update, but the anchor is gone and the grapple system seems to result in the airship smacking into the ground! I put in a request to bring the old parts back on the KAS forum...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25563-0-19-1-KAS-v0-2-2-New-connector-port-system-fuel-transfer-grappling-hook-more?p=323742&viewfull=1#post323742

Maybe it'll work if you use the connector without the grapple. Unless it smacks down so hard it explodes.

Oh and... I was just thinking of something like the landing pad for my mun base. I currently have a demv5 as my "landing target" marker, but I'm not too comfortable with it.

Edited by MaHuJa

pyzafNe.png

When it gets late out, sometimes Kerbals just got to shoot stuff into space.

Maybe it'll work if you use the connector without the grapple. Unless it smacks down so hard it explodes.

Generally it has to be tough and heavy in order to drag on the ground effectively. The good news is that winn75 said they will be re-introducing the anchor once the model is redone!

w8zq31V.png Some testing^^ No texture yet

Its great you made the part in the module way so it can be mixed =D Haha yes exactly what kerbals do in the night stay there. About the anchoring, i made an simple boat anchor and tried tinkering with the drag and override drag values and is seems to work pretty good without dragging and slamming youu haha cheers

Yes unity disslikes me more times then she likes me haha.

Welll i thought about one thing, would making the sharp parts of the anchor extendable? So when you rightclick you "lock" the sharp part and its collider to the ground. Or making the parts metal materials and give it a rigid body with extra drag. Hehe thanks, its pretty nice compresion wise, Ca 2 mb , and huge scale, the hull is walkable as is the upper deck. It has a little cabin with a chimney for the motor power. Best part is the deck and hull. You can transport ex big fuelsources, biodomes. You can setup rocket launches and plenty of room for rover. Its a special feeling taking a slow peaceful ride with a balloon haha

Warning for big pictures, these thing was made thanks to hoolligans modules ^^

epXe2Yb.png

YFBrVUI.png

m3oWNkZ.png

SF1Mstp.png

kLH8OuV.png

I tried to open the Ludo Blimp but am told that I am missing the KAS.mount.radialwinch.NF and KAS.hook.airshipanchor, despite installing KAS at the same time as this mod. How can I fix this issue?

Unfortunately, those parts are from an older version of KAS. You'll have to find the previous version of KAS to get it to work.

Actually, if you are comfortable with modding, you could just rename some parts and make it work that way.

Edited by BigFatStupidHead

If i use the KAS grapple hook to, say, grab the ground, could i use it to anchor my airship, or even reel it down lower? :P this must be tested!

Edit: Yup! Totally works. now to make an enormous airship that tethers itself to the ground with grappling hooks.

Edit 2: now what happens if i, say, make a bunch of little probes that i tether to the ground with grappling hooks and then inflate an envelope connected to them?

SCIENCE DEMANDS EXPERIMENTS FOR THE EXPERIMENT GOD

After various tests i have found that though it works, it will not keep them attached to the ground if you switch vessels

Edited by Disreputable_Dog

After various tests i have found that though it works, it will not keep them attached to the ground if you switch vessels

It did not ?

I used in my mohocrater climbing test the kas mod too, i could even go back to the space center, every time i loaded the rover hanging on the crater wall the hooks hold it there