[0.21] Hooligan Labs - Airship, Submarines and More

Hooligan Labs

Mind if i offer a few screenshots of my first sub?

snip

I even put the cool B9 lights as warning lights when I reach -500m :cool:

/snip

Is this an RP thing or is there a way to have an action group activate based on some kind of external stimulus that I never knew about (like reaching a certain depth)?

If they are one vessel, my plugin code will have to be copied to aircraft carrier (with a MASSIVE amount of buoyancy added!)

I slapped a single ballast tank onto a carrier and it floated the same way it always has. I did see the ballast info your plugin adds on the right-click menus for parts, though. Don't quote me on this but I believe InfiniteDice coded his own buoyance stuff for his carriers, so there might not be a problem.

My suggestion to anyone that is having issues...

1) The Ballast slider increases weight! Ballast makes you sink. Setting the slider to 0% makes you float as much as possible!

2) Are you not using the latest 1.0.0 version from Kerbal Space Port? If you are not, try copying the fresh new version in.

I created a small submarine (mk2 cockpit with rover wheels and a sub part), I got deep enough (riding from the cockpit), and as soon as I switched out, the camera was stuck inside the cockpit, and all camera movement was blocked. I right clicked the cockpit from the inside and toggled the underwater camera but it did nothing. :(

Not sure if you were actually using the Mk2 cockpit...

9961EE49C85320B600AE3B71045CBD252F11B991

But I was able to drive in while using IVA and then press C to come back out just fine.

0160603D28A383BB8FA940277D0AE3D84EC73E60

You may have to share a screen shot.

Curious, are there any new airship envelopes in the works?

Sorry, no. Indie Speed Run first.

Mind if i offer a few screenshots of my first sub?

I even put the cool B9 lights as warning lights when I reach -500m :cool:

Nice! How did you do that?

Yay! More images for the wiki!

Now my only question is if I should just make one gallery page or do a separate one for the subs...

Separate please! Thanks!

I slapped a single ballast tank onto a carrier and it floated the same way it always has. I did see the ballast info your plugin adds on the right-click menus for parts, though. Don't quote me on this but I believe InfiniteDice coded his own buoyance stuff for his carriers, so there might not be a problem.

Whatever works!

In celebration of Scott Manley doing an episode on the submarine mod, I added the ability to plant flags underwater!

Download 1.1.0 here!

GVjCeuS.jpg

And of course Scott's video:

Submarine gallery page made!

Great!

My submarines suck, it just hangs upside down in the water.
You need more ballast on the bottom!

That's now in the FAQ too, as linked on the first page.

This has been sitting on my hard drive for a long time. I didn't know what to do with it. In the end, I decided to share it.

Now we can have colony in air,ground,space, and water =D cheers for your work

Right back at you ahappydude!

is there a way for me to edit the code so my submarines don't explode until farther down?

You could open up the Camera source file, remove the part where it crushes at depth and then rebuild the plugin.

It seems like the underwater camera mode doesn't want to work for me, and is the underwater camera how you get the water to look so amazing? Because for me the water looks rubbish while submerged.

Well there is no water surface when underwater (it looks like just open air above, but darker). All I did was make it so you can control the camera in a similar way to above water. The rest is probably your graphics settings.