[0.21] Hooligan Labs - Airship, Submarines and More

Hooligan Labs

Sure! You'll need B9, HL (Obviously~),Firespitter, and the Spherical Tanks mods.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ij3vjn7cav1723/Heavy%20Lift%20Airship%20Rocket%20Parts.craft <--- RocketParts (Will need either EL or OC)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uax1n87o9qybxd/Heavy%20Lift%20Airship%20S2%20Cargo.craft <--- Basic Core

Wouldn't have asked if I didn't already have the mods =D

Wouldn't have asked if I didn't already have the mods =D

Crap... Just thought of one you won't have... The Main beams on the sides!! >.<

I have fail...

Here you go. It can go into any folder in GameData, or do what I did and make your own: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddv63ieaawsscxy/JewelShisen.zip

Edited by JewelShisen

Crap... Just thought of one you won't have... The Main beams on the sides!! >.<

I have fail...

Here you go. It can go into any folder in GameData, or do what I did and make your own: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddv63ieaawsscxy/JewelShisen.zip

Getting an error about a HexCanRGT not being found?

Figured it out. Needed HexCan mod

Edited by Jivaii

Lawls, I got it though, and that mod was worth it =D I'm loving how nice it works out. Gonna be putting a couple airships on Eve once I get my launchpads up.

I plan to make an EVEN BIGGER Airship for those times when you just want to move a few hundred tons of stuff~

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a wacky thing, how do you get runway hecto to, well... anywhere? Mind you I'm avoiding hyper edit to prevent screwing up my copy of KSP. I've experimented with many ideas but none satisfactory, just ends with a very Kerbal explosion.

EDIT: I figured out how to move the hecto and kilo with an airship, but the damn runways fall through the ground (ice). I was trying to build a runway base at the north pole. :-/ There seems to be some collision detection issue with the runways.

Edited by Eskandare
Solved Problem... Kinda...

Sadly the collision detection blew up the runway even after a very soft touchdown. Any ideas?

From experiments, long term structures should not have the root part touch the ground if possible. They can sit on anything, as long as the root part does not end up under the ground as floating point errors oscillate it up and down. (I spent quite a while experimenting with an extraplanetary launchpad module that would deploy fine and then immediatly explode as I switch away from it.)

With the runway, you might try to use the SelectRoot plugin, put some lights on it, and then make one of those lights root.

From experiments, long term structures should not have the root part touch the ground if possible. They can sit on anything, as long as the root part does not end up under the ground as floating point errors oscillate it up and down. (I spent quite a while experimenting with an extraplanetary launchpad module that would deploy fine and then immediatly explode as I switch away from it.)

With the runway, you might try to use the SelectRoot plugin, put some lights on it, and then make one of those lights root.

Well i had just attempted that, clipping of the Runway "Kilo" then boom from touching the ground. :-/ Oh well, time to mothball the project.

Development by Hooligan Labs of KSP Mods has discontinued This is not due to a lack of love for the game. Far from it, KSP has been an inspiration for Hooligan Labs to work on new ambitious projects.

This community is crazy fun and supportive. Keep going! I'll still be playing for sure.

Please do continue to check the Hooligan Labs YouTube channel for new announcements.

BTW, more details on the front page on using my models and code. It's pretty much all available for everyone.

Edited by Hooligan Labs

Well i had just attempted that, clipping of the Runway "Kilo" then boom from touching the ground. :-/ Oh well, time to mothball the project.

OR

you could turn the runway segments into static objects and place them with kerbtown..work very well and no explosions

Development by Hooligan Labs of KSP Mods has discontinued This is not due to a lack of love for the game. Far from it, KSP has been an inspiration for Hooligan Labs to work on new ambitious projects.

This community is crazy fun and supportive. Keep going! I'll still be playing for sure.

Please do continue to check the Hooligan Labs YouTube channel for new announcements.

BTW, more details on the front page on using my models and code. It's pretty much all available for everyone.

So, Hooligan Labs, can you tell us what your next project might be?

Sounds to me like he's stopped modding. Which is disheartening, since his mods are so epic.

I'm getting this mod, but I have to ask - if you leave a craft floating above the surface, will it keep on floating, or will it just start falling towards the ground again? I want to make a Jool base with this, but I'm worried it might just blow up if I leave it.

I'm getting this mod, but I have to ask - if you leave a craft floating above the surface, will it keep on floating, or will it just start falling towards the ground again? I want to make a Jool base with this, but I'm worried it might just blow up if I leave it.

You'll have to use Kerbal Attachment System anchors for anchoring the ships (yes, this is possible at Jool). That way, the ships will technically be landed, even though the main ship is hovering 50 meters up in the air. That will make you able to leave the ship and return to the space center.

I'm sad to hear that you're stopping your modding work. Now I'll ned to find someone that I can annoy enough to make them keep your mods updated to the latest KSP versions (if it's permitted by the license. Haven't checked it yet).

OR

you could turn the runway segments into static objects and place them with kerbtown..work very well and no explosions

I'm pondering this very thing. I'm curious how code intensive Kerbtown is and if I can make Hooligan's runway model a static model.

Edited by Eskandare
Forgot Quote

So, Hooligan Labs, can you tell us what your next project might be?

http://hooliganlabs.com has the latest. The Indie Speed Run entry is up now. Next, robots.

Sounds to me like he's stopped modding. Which is disheartening, since his mods are so epic.

I heartily encourage anyone to pick up and continue these mods under their own name! I learned Unity and C# by continuing the original airship mod.

I'm pondering this very thing. I'm curious how code intensive Kerbtown is and if I can make Hooligan's runway model a static model.

I think importing should be straightforward. The runway itself is an extremely simple box with a texture on it. If you can't get the model out of the download I can provide it.

I heartily encourage anyone to pick up and continue these mods under their own name! I learned Unity and C# by continuing the original airship mod.

I may take a look. I doubt I will touch the code base as I know jack squat about coding but I may see about adding some models and/or textures.