[0.21] Hooligan Labs - Airship, Submarines and More

Hooligan Labs

I may take a look. I doubt I will touch the code base as I know jack squat about coding but I may see about adding some models and/or textures.

I did start with just adding models to the original mod. Then I started doing some edits to the code so balloons could go into space... and here we are.

No more KSP!?!? ;.;

Always more KSP! Just not working on mods now. I'm going to stay involved though, this is too good.

Cheers and goodspeed, so long and thanks for the fishes

I respond with a surprisingly sophisticated attempt to do a double-backward somersault through a hoop while whistling the "Star Spangled Banner."

Your airborne rocking chairs will always be in my heart.

It's C#, not C. Much easier. If you know Java, you're most of the way there.

True. Thankfully I have a friend that can help me learn some C#, and I already know a bit of Lua if that helps, and sirkut has offered to help me out as well so if I get the all clear from Hooligan then I intend to start working to bring this to 0.22

Thank you much! I hope I can do it the justice it deserves!

Rooting for ya! I don't have time to re-learn any programming code due to work =( If I did, I would poke around some of the older mods that were abandoned.

Alright! So if I am going to be keeping this mod going I want to get some opinions! Where do you feel the various airship envelopes belong? I have already decided that the dodec will be joining that very first science you unlock and the Sirrus will be near the end.

The parachute ones can be under survivability! The larger Duna one could be under Space Exploration,

Cirrus (Big huge things) can be at Adv Science Tech.

The huge can like ones (that you used in your heavy lifter airship) could be split between Adv Exploration and Field Science?

The little octagon thing at science tech?

Edited by Jivaii
Split the two parachute ones up?

The parachute ones can be under survivability! The larger Duna one could be under Space Exploration,

The huge can like ones (that you used in your heavy lifter airship) could be split between Adv Exploration and Field Science?

Ok i'll need a picture or chart of the full tree so I can plan this out. I only JUST unlocked the ability to research the node with the 'skipper' engine in it.

I can't believe there's still pages of new stuff on this thread even after I've left! Ask any questions and I'll try to help. I'm still working in Unity and doing control systems and stuff.

The recent KAS update kinda broke all the KAS equipped airships that come packaged.

I thought I fixed that in one of my later updates. Or did they change everything again? ;.;

I know but I plan to try and keep this mod going! Of course I have to learn C but I'll do it!

JS, you have my full permission to give this a go... As does everyone else, as stated in the license. You can do everything but blame me when things go wrong. :D

I think you'll need to upload the mods to your own page on the Kerbal Space Port. Can't wait to see what your flag looks like! :cool:

It's C#, not C. Much easier. If you know Java, you're most of the way there.

C# is the easiest language I've ever programmed in. It's a great place to start. Also, Unity has a lot of physics built in, so you don't have to worry about coding things like force or acceleration very differently.

I hope so! I wish I could do something to help. If only I could know how to integrate it into 0.22's tech tree....

I don't even know what the whole tech tree looks like yet. I kinda went about it a wonky way and now have to get to the moon to get any more science. I'm stuck with the gel!

A basic envelope, like the original one that looks like a normal blimp, could be as early as basic flight control. It should be modified so it does pop at higher altitudes, though.

The parachute types are somewhat possible with currently available technology. The Cirrus and such would be at the extreme edge of possible technology - up there with SCRAM jet engines. Same idea of very thin materials being able to handle extreme pressures.

The SQUID - is there a "weird science" tech? :huh:

I can't believe there's still pages of new stuff on this thread even after I've left! Ask any questions and I'll try to help. I'm still working in Unity and doing control systems and stuff.

JS, you have my full permission to give this a go... As does everyone else, as stated in the license. You can do everything but blame me when things go wrong. :D

I think you'll need to upload the mods to your own page on the Kerbal Space Port. Can't wait to see what your flag looks like! :cool:

A basic envelope, like the original one that looks like a normal blimp, could be as early as basic flight control. It should be modified so it does pop at higher altitudes, though.

The parachute types are somewhat possible with currently available technology. The Cirrus and such would be at the extreme edge of possible technology - up there with SCRAM jet engines. Same idea of very thin materials being able to handle extreme pressures.

The SQUID - is there a "weird science" tech? :huh:

I'm still looking for a full image of the tech tree but i was thinking of starting people off with the dodec as it's the smallest and lightest (as far as lifting power goes) of them all. Would be suitable for something like a weather balloon!

Thanks for giving your blessing for me to keep this awesome mod going! I look forward to testing myself and seeing what I can do