[0.21] Hooligan Labs - Airship, Submarines and More

Hooligan Labs

I like the dodec as an intro too but I was actually thinking of a weather balloon type model packed in a parachute style container. Then you could attach it to kerbals. I may create this model for fun anyway. I'm thinking balloons on a commandseat...

I like the dodec as an intro too but I was actually thinking of a weather balloon type model packed in a parachute style container. Then you could attach it to kerbals. I may create this model for fun anyway. I'm thinking balloons on a commandseat...

Sounds very much like this mod! I could likely do the modeling but working with Unity is beyond me at the moment.

Well if you can do modeling and animations the unity part is a snap. I can walk you through it. It's the easiest step in the process.

Models I can do kinda. https://imgur.com/a/08k6w#0

It's mostly that I don't know anything about working with Unity and what it needs. But if you are willing to help me out then I am more than willing to learn.

I have not tested it though it should. I just need to get the tech nodes set up.

Does this mean that you can use it in career mode? Otherwise it is a good idea to make a copy of this so you cant use it in career mode, because i dont want to use mods in career mode.

I mean that you have 2 files. 1 for only sandbox, and 1 for both.

i hope that you understand what i mean.

Does this mean that you can use it in career mode? Otherwise it is a good idea to make a copy of this so you cant use it in career mode, because i dont want to use mods in career mode.

I mean that you have 2 files. 1 for only sandbox, and 1 for both.

i hope that you understand what i mean.

A part will only show up in career mode if it has been assigned a tech node. You can install as many mods as you like, just comment out the 2 lines that assign it if present.

It is very VERY easy to change techtree integration for anypart....and from what I hear ModuleManager can be used to add/subtract those lines (and if thats not acurate im sure it will be updated very soon, as there is alot more use for it now than before).

Also mod parts can go anywhere in the techtree, they dont have to go into the teir8 nodes...KSP put those for mod parts that dont really fit into the other nodes, or are beast enough they should be considered 'endgame' parts.

A part will only show up in career mode if it has been assigned a tech node. You can install as many mods as you like, just comment out the 2 lines that assign it if present.

It is very VERY easy to change techtree integration for anypart....and from what I hear ModuleManager can be used to add/subtract those lines (and if thats not acurate im sure it will be updated very soon, as there is alot more use for it now than before).

I have no intent to add a mod dependance for this. The parts will be assigned Tech Nodes and if needed I will also distribute alternate configs for ones without them.

I have no intent to add a mod dependance for this. The parts will be assigned Tech Nodes and if needed I will also distribute alternate configs for ones without them.

Was suggesting that more to him for removing those lines in other mods he may use. This is def not a mod that need ModuleManager, I would agree 100% with ya there =)

Was suggesting that more to him for removing those lines in other mods he may use. This is def not a mod that need ModuleManager, I would agree 100% with ya there =)

Ah ok. To me MM seems to be KSP's version of Munchkin Blender or a Blendtec Blender. You use it to blend a handful of mods together into effectively one big mod. But this is SO unique that it can't really be blended.

WILL IT BLEND? NO... no it won't >.>

What this mod needs... Is a 1-piece Airship.

1-Piece as in in it has a cockpit, gasbag, engine (electrically driven with intake-air as the reaction mass) and either an RTG or a solar panel on top.

Also, an unmanned version would be WICKED. Seriously- I would send a few to Duna, Laythe, and Eve.

Oh, also including a node to connect a component of the KAS winch and anchor would be useful.

What this mod needs... Is a 1-piece Airship.

1-Piece as in in it has a cockpit, gasbag, engine (electrically driven with intake-air as the reaction mass) and either an RTG or a solar panel on top.

Also, an unmanned version would be WICKED. Seriously- I would send a few to Duna, Laythe, and Eve.

Oh, also including a node to connect a component of the KAS winch and anchor would be useful.

The point of it is to build your own unmanned or manned airships. It's not too difficult tbh. I just never seem to manage to get around to going to other planets/moons cause I have too much fun building overly complicated stations.

The point of it is to build your own unmanned or manned airships. It's not too difficult tbh. I just never seem to manage to get around to going to other planets/moons cause I have too much fun building overly complicated stations.

There's a lot to be said for one-piece deployable vehicles meant to be strapped onto a lander, though. A tiny one-piece airship would be very handy.

There's nothing particularly complicated about the described vehicle either, but modeling it so that everything works correctly would take some effort.

There's a lot to be said for one-piece deployable vehicles meant to be strapped onto a lander, though. A tiny one-piece airship would be very handy.

There's nothing particularly complicated about the described vehicle either, but modeling it so that everything works correctly would take some effort.

You do have a point there and I can take a look at seeing what i can make. For now I am hammering out where in the tree to put parts so I can release an updated 0.22 version.

Alright so for those who don't know let me explain. Hooligan has decided to take some time away from modding and has allowed me to continue this amazing mod.

So then! This update adds the Airship Parts into the Tech Tree for 0.22! I'll get it up on Spaceport as soon as I can but for now you can get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhdbkhfeaw4mqu1/HooliganLabsAirships.zip

Please note that if you DO NOT want these in career mode then stick with the 0.21 version. All I have done so far is add it to the tech tree.

COMING SOON (Features and things I hope to add soon)

- Updated example crafts

- New Drone sized airship (Will be a fully usable craft by itself)

- Deployable 'Weather Balloon' for atmosphere science gathering

Hooligan Labs : Thank you for all your hard work on these mods, and best of luck in all your future endeavors!

JewelShisen: Glad that you will be taking up the mantle; it is a good sign that someone already so active with it has decided to keep it going.

Looking at your tech-tree, might I suggest it be arranged a little differently? The Ludo is a fairly primitive dirigible, so shoudl be available much earlier in the tree, replacing the Dodec's location. The Dodec is made out of fairly sophisticated materials, and is best used en-mass or with smaller vehicles. Precision Engineering seems like the place it ought to be. Other than those two, everything feels to be in a correct place. I appreciate the Una placed in survivability. :)

edit: That weather balloon sounds cool.

Hooligan Labs : Thank you for all your hard work on these mods, and best of luck in all your future endeavors!

JewelShisen: Glad that you will be taking up the mantle; it is a good sign that someone already so active with it has decided to keep it going.

Looking at your tech-tree, might I suggest it be arranged a little differently? The Ludo is a fairly primitive dirigible, so shoudl be available much earlier in the tree, replacing the Dodec's location. The Dodec is made out of fairly sophisticated materials, and is best used en-mass or with smaller vehicles. Precision Engineering seems like the place it ought to be. Other than those two, everything feels to be in a correct place. I appreciate the Una placed in survivability. :)

edit: That weather balloon sounds cool.

Actually that does make a fair bit of sense. My thinking was the the ludo is QUITE big and thus would take some fairly tough construction to build while the Dodec is so small that it can't really even lift an engine. However I can see your point and I think it may actually be a better idea. If/When the weather balloon idea gets made I will likely bump Ludo back to Gen Construct and put the balloon into it's place.

Thanks a ton for the support and kind words.

And as for Una? Yea it just made sense to put it there though I may try making a smaller version more in line with the parachute you get at the start.

EDIT: Dropbox has been updated.

Edited by JewelShisen

Well I have figured Unity out for the most part as far as making a non-animated object goes.

Now the call for an assist is that I am not very good at textures. In fact I'm no good at all. Now I am still going to TRY making my own but if that fails I would like to have somebody that would be willing to work with me to texture any new models.