[0.21] Hooligan Labs - Airship, Submarines and More

Hooligan Labs

I'd like to second the 'action group' request, sometimes I don't want every lifting envelope on the ship inflating.

Here are some 'eve ascent' pics:

screenshot355_zps7c0b1bfc.png

screenshot348_zpsf099327c.png

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-CIRRUS.

pathfinder_base_by_wreack1-d67j1dv.png

My Duna Base!

The first base I successfully landed on Duna, thanks for the suggestion to use the Cirrus, Hooligan, was able to land it on my first try after a small redesign.

Weigns roughly 10 tons and can relocate with the help of the RCS.

2z8xn4k.jpg

Some work in progress. I call it DERP -- Duna Explorer Reusable Prototype. :)

Gets better bang for the delta V than my usual 2-nuke lander, actually, now if I can also get it to mine kethane and land horizontally on Ike...

Some work in progress. I call it DERP -- Duna Explorer Reusable Prototype. :)
My Duna Base!

So much awesome! I love the designs, and that Duna is finally explorable with something decent looking.

Hmm, the Cirrus might enable me to get that gi-normous spherical fuel tank that weighs 200 tons when full into orbit. The cirrus, good sir, is pure awesome.

Technically it weighs nothing while in orbit. :P But let's see, you filled it while it was expanded you would have 8x the volume of a orange tank. Since I just found on the wiki that an orange tank weighs 36 tons full with 4 tons of that being steel, you could fit 256 tons of liquid fuel plus oxidizer in it. Total tonnage would be approximately... 256.4 tons? Since you would have something inside of it you wouldn't need to power the artificial muscle to hold the shape. Heck, you could program the plugin to have it shrink in size as fuel was spent. :)

Did SQUID not get an update? or am I doing something wrong.....

Updated it for you! Try it out. http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/squid-paramagnetic-force-system/

You are right, I uploaded old files! Try again please, new upload is up.

Also, is OnFlightStart not a thing anymore?

thank you sir!

OnFlightStart...that's an event ya...cant answer your question, that stuff is lost on me...did however see the B9 fellas saying that a lot of events have change, or the way they are handled or something..

The KSC observation blimp with 205.5t ballast ;)

screenshot30.jpg

screenshot31.jpg

screenshot32.jpg

screenshot33.jpg

In IRC, I said to Hooligan Labs that one cirrus was enough to float 205t at 8km. I think that was for 4 cirrus around the sides of the tank. Still, that's one mean party balloon ;)

It's still downloading HL_SQUID_1_3_1.zip, even though the description in Spaceport says 1.3.2. I tried it with a browser that had never been to Spaceport so it's probably not because of this end.

The KSC observation blimp with 205.5t ballast ;)

In IRC, I said to Hooligan Labs that one cirrus was enough to float 205t at 8km. I think that was for 4 cirrus around the sides of the tank. Still, that's one mean party balloon ;)

205 metric tons = 16 elephants. Also, elephants should be in KSP.

Do you have any spherical balloons?

No, but if you have something spherical you can apply my plugin to it. Just copy from the .cfg file for one of the rigid balloons and adjust to its size.

It's still downloading HL_SQUID_1_3_1.zip, even though the description in Spaceport says 1.3.2. I tried it with a browser that had never been to Spaceport so it's probably not because of this end.

I probably should not have tried to upload that while I was dead tired last night. I uploaded it again, and downloaded it, it should be 1.3.2 now.

you my good sir need a cookie the size of texas! i love this mod one complant THE BIGGEST BALLOON EVEN WITH LANCHPAD/ RUNWAY OBLITER IS TOO BIG jeb is hateing me for saying that. here are my pics of playing with this for the past ten minites.

cheers!

why not the size of alaska?

why not the size of alaska?

It's easier to get the Texas cookie into orbit.

Sorry for this being a bit of topic.....

I saw pics of a fella building, but there was no VAB building, just the floor....is this still possible. If so how?

I think that is a mod called "The Obliterator".

awesome, thanks fellas, hope I can find em/get em working...seems it would be kinda nice to not be held back by the size of the buildings

Someone should make an airship hangar mod. :D

h82262.jpg

_images_Then-and-Now-airships-to-waterslides-GAL2.jpg

Still striving away on the plugin update. It looks like this right now.

MXqAMCV.jpg

That hovering hologram thing represents the vectors that I am working on. They are colored as follows:

Red - Center of Mass to Envelope Position

Green - Position Projected onto Ground Normal Plane

Blue - Control Vector (goal is to make it point up)

Magenta - Control Projected onto Ground Normal Plane

White - Gravity

My theory, in general, is that when everything is working right I will be able to take the dot product of the projected correction vector with the projected position vector and get the amount of additional buoyancy needed to stabilize each envelope.

There are some issues... vessel.transform.forward apparently points cockpit down! That will be easy to flip over. Also, the projected position vector does not seem to be working properly at all yet. But this is progress.