Hooligan Labs Mod Development

Hooligan Labs

This was eaten by the Forum Kraken Attack of 2013. Any new development will be posted here.

Already released mods can be found here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/23774-0-19-1-HL-Airship-and-Party-Experimentation-Center-New-Rigid-Envelope-Dodec

Currently not updated to 0.20 new plugin style. In the meantime, this should work:

Legacy parts go in KSP_OS/Parts

Legacy plugins go in KSP_OS/Plugins

Source: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30559-20-And-mods

Edited by Hooligan Labs

I want this now!

However, one thing id like:

Can you do a GIGANTIC baloon? So its like, 50 M long and 10 M wide. Then i can land my VOTL on it :D

And, will this work on other planets like Laythe?

"Ladies and gentlemen, We are now approaching laythe. Please enjoy your stay on the floating palace"

And one last thing, will this work with time warp?

Another thing, can you somehow make it so EVAS can walk on it?

I want this now!

Thanks! I want to work more with the plugin first before I release it. Soon!

However, one thing id like:

Can you do a GIGANTIC baloon? So its like, 50 M long and 10 M wide. Then i can land my VOTL on it :D

And, will this work on other planets like Laythe?

"Ladies and gentlemen, We are now approaching laythe. Please enjoy your stay on the floating palace"

Sure! The two sizes right now are standard and "octo" (8x the size). As far as I know, the only limit is 2,000 meters... per part. :D

Speaking of which, anyone know a good mod for assembling really big objects, like an vehicle assembly building that is an open field?

And one last thing, will this work with time warp?

Works great! This puts very little strain on the computer.

Another thing, can you somehow make it so EVAS can walk on it?

I'd like that too, will have to do more research.

It could be a Mobile Space Center floating in the Air. In combination with Another Plugins, like Erkle Docking, there would be no limits.

You can make more parts:

Zeppelin Replica

Blimp

Giant Balloon

Science Balloon (like the RL Things that are being launched to an altitude of 30 km).

The Braking Balloons the Spaceship used in Jupiter's Atmosphere (2010: Year we made Contact)

More - Flying Space Centers, Flying Aircraft Carriers, finally!

I would love a floating aircraft carrier more than a flaming rocket powered cat that spits out skittles that skateboard upside down while shooting rockets at flying puppies with kittens riding on their backs that poop chocolate katanas. Ok?

Mabye you could make the airship gas bags only work on certin planets, so we would have ones built for duna, kerbin, moons, jool and others.

Also they should be a little less powerful so that you would have to make a plane with 10 or so to have a floating aircraft carrier.

SOOO EPIC now i can make air bases on duna

That's the plan!

It could be a Mobile Space Center floating in the Air.

Good idea! I think I would have to make it out of at least 3 parts. The issue is that the lift is from the center of each part, so a single huge model would spin on its axis. But I will try to include it in the Alpha release. Because... it's awesome.

In combination with Another Plugins, like Erkle Docking, there would be no limits.

I'll need everyone's help on that, it's enough work to be developing my own mod! XD

You can make more parts: Zeppelin Replica...

Ludo has already made a great blimp model. I did not want to take that approach, as I feel that KSP is all about modular parts that can be put together in fun ways. To that end, I do plan on making "caps" to the envelopes I have shown thus far to make the airships fit better with other parts and make them look more slick.

... cat that spits out skittles ... flying puppies with kittens ... chocolate katanas. Ok?

.... What?

omg, i should start modeling for a hindenburg, with this you could take a small capsil up to the edge of space, then put it into orbit using rcs alone, awsome!!!

There's already enough horrible flaming explosions in KSP. ;)

But yes, it makes it much easier to get into space if your craft is lighter than air. By the way, there has already been a competition to see how far people can go using RCS alone. Look it up!

Wow, on all of my questions, you said yes!

Except you didnt answer my Laythe question... did you?

According to the wiki, "Laythe's atmosphere begins at 55,500 meters and is comparable in density to Kerbin's. It is the only satellite of Jool with an atmosphere." Since it has atmospheric pressure I see no reason why this wouldn't work. You'll have to test it for me soon. :)

Mabye you could make the airship gas bags only work on certin planets...

Helium is a light element anywhere in the universe. The difference would be in the atmospheric pressure of each planet. If the atmosphere is less dense, then you will need larger / more envelopes.

Edited by Hooligan Labs

hey hooligan, just out of interest willl you be releasing the source ? if your not releasing it i would love to help develop it (if you so wish). i've had a bit of experience making parts for ksp and would love to help you develop new parts (including the floating runway/airship)

if you want to just drop me a PM (hopefully you will!)

Okay, so I could be missing something major, but after attaching a few envelopes to my vehicle, adding one of the condenser units, and launching it, it just sits there, as I would expect, but even when I try and increase the helium percentage, there's no lift increase. Nothing at all. Am I missing something? Perhaps a button I need to press to activate it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.