[WIP]multipropose capsule-

tttyto

I am trying to make my own mod but it is my first time and pretty still unknown about how it implent into KSP and a bit confusing to me.

an multipropose capsule for all uses; landing module, spacestation, rover or whatever.

I polished so much until I am satifsed, not ready yet.

picture

qhQAt.jpg

help my brains exploding!

part.cfg-ready

model-ready

collision mesh-ready

parttools 0.16 - have it but no idea how it works in unity3d but loaded it(?)

sketchup can export to .dae or .kbz(for unity only or do KSP accept kbz files?)

I would be very grateful if I can get a little assistance.

have sketchup/blender/unity.

-no textures needed yet

-no internal cockpit needed yet

-just a simple dump my model into KSP.

how to port it to .dae from unity3d? my unity looks a bit different then youtube videos and bad readable.

I cannot listen to voice because I am deaf.

Edited by tttyto

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.

at PartLoader.TangentSolver (UnityEngine.Mesh mesh) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.CalculateMeshTangents (UnityEngine.GameObject[] models) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.processGameObjects (UnityEngine.GameObject[] models) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.doProcessPart (UnityEngine.GameObject[] mdls, Boolean partLabMode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.startPartAssemblyAndSave (UnityEngine.GameObject[] mdls) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FileIO.Loaded (Boolean success) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DAE+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

that is what i got in error report

so there is something wrong with names? (edit; filename unknown in every text, there is something wrong with copy/paste)

I have a suggestion for the design of the pod.

The side windows for looking down may not be enough to have a good grasp of what the terrainis like. If you made the main windows for landing with a bit of downward-looking view, it would likely work much better.

Also, the lol factor of a stealth command pod is pretty high. I suggest keeping that one for future use...

i used blender, a very UN-intuitively program.

i see that after unwrap there is no texture on unwrap window, but it do export texture.

i made just a box from sketchup; on two sides a carpettexture and other one side a window, it gave a same problem.

I am going give unity a tryout! at least its more intuitively program. also try material shader advice.

thanks for helps!

double post :P... in blender you need to be on edit mode, select all the faces, unwrap uv, an on the UV-image editor , with all faces selecte you go to image, open image, and import your texture, you can then check it on "texture mode" on the 3 view, an if you hit "P" on the 3d view aswell you can see it like it will be shown on ksp (almost :P) there you can find errors in the mesh or texture before having to import to KSP.

edit mode-> select all faces(pressing A) -> unwrap uv (then i see result but no textures on it, only lines, is it good?) -> all faces selected by pressing A in uvmap window(lines become orange)->clicked on image/open image.

but why import image? blender should make UV image by itself(export)??

but ok, downloaded metal texture from google. opened it. indeed isee texture on it.

pressed P in 3dview. then its still all normal without that downloaded metaltexture from google.

but i want to use existing texture on my 3d, only have 3 simple materials. white,blue(glass), black, exported in UVmap in the right way instead of 1 texture for whole model....

tested it in KSP, it works better because there is no cloaking klingon camouflage but windows dont have texture applied...

I think i have to rebuild my model with other window without depth.

picture

Z6mRT.jpg

ok, so i only work with blender so im not sure how the importing texutures and material works, im new to modeling myself so just sharing what ive learnd in blender.

so in blender you can change from "solid" to texture on the 3d view(the click menu rigth to the one were you select from edit mode or object mode

), also you can unwrap just some faces if you want to use diferent textures for those.

once you have unwrap (I recomend unwrap using smart uv project by selecting the faces, hit space and search) and open your texture on the uv-image editor. you will see on the texture and the representation of the faces you have selected, you can move this around to adjust to your texture.

5Vuyf.png

when on object mode if you hit "P" you will see the blenders game engien, so you dont see the texture cuz it dont have a material assinge to it ,i think. I told you becouse of this.

4oaGg.png

if you see the mesh from inside out on the game engien it dont reneder, i think that happens in ksp aswell , so sometimes faces can be the wrong way and it looks like your first attempt.

so this I learne while trying to make some mods myself, there may be a better way to do things, but this have worked for me.

finally!!!! wasted a lot time with texturing with sketchup, blender dont import so good.

also the problem was transparancy while UV wrapping. i had to set oppicaty to 1. default is 0.10 oppacity. lol. DUHH eated a lot hours with solving wrong problems.

I did made a little changes, flatten windows and symetrical.

-now only texturework with photoshop! (can learn it fast)

-and then make attach green spheres good(search tutorial, think is easy)

-then internal cockpit!! (is it right that internal cockpit is only possible with unity3d?)

picture

nK2Qe.jpg

looking good m8, I did not understand what you mean with the internal and unity?, you want to model it there?

to make internal cockpit yes.

also anything about parttools

I see that parttools only works in unity3d?

also i need to make airlock a real airlock that kerbals can EVA from there.

but how? still know nothing.

is that information into dae file or into cfg file?

I really fear that i have to model and texture all over again. I hope not.

cross fingers, otherwise i cry about wasting a lot hours and be crazy arrghhhhh

Edited by tttyto

the Airlock dont need to be real (on the model) you just need to add it on unity, ... the parttools works with any unity? i have the free one.

a guy made a tutorial on doing interals, he also attached a unity file, you can see there how to do it, i also learn from that proyect how to add ladders and airlocks :P

indeed i know that guy had made a tutorial on his project thread but that tutorial is gone or moved??? have to look elsewhere or i was too tired.

yesterday, deep in night again, i borrowed his internal into my model. it works fine, also conlusion is that its seperate model, so i dont need to remodel/retexture my project phew.....

starting now to use parttools, hope i dont get so confused as in the start of my project. (parttools didnt work in unity for me before)

if airlock is done then i begin with my own internal cockpit or release it as beta version.

also a lot people say sketchup is useless for modding KSP, but its very useful.

with SU you can model very fast and easy but you have to use blender or other softwares for UV unwrap.

also found thousands interesting space models into 3dwarehouse(sketchup) for lazy people, but SU have very low learning curve compared with 3dsmax/blender so everyone in this forum can mod too :D

my next project will be a big HABIT with 2 or 3 floors or a greenhouse with animation, when on surface it can expand as accerdeon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.