The Soyutz, a Russian inspired safe* and reliable Munar lander and launch vehicle.

Ronox

Comrades, allow me to present to you the Soyutz! A safe* and reliable spacecraft for all the classy cosmonauts out there!

Features:

*Redundantly sturdy for the landing challenged! (Testing has shown the lander to sustain a 18+ m/s lithobraking manouver with no damage, and crew capsule has been shown to survive a 65+ m/s litho"break")

*Redundantly fueled and nuclear-ly powered!

*Landing retro rockets for firmly planting the lander on uneven terrain or a wobbly landing

*Classy styling and tolerable part count for lower end computers!

*Staged to create NO orbital debris!**

*Mechjeb safe! (Testing showed Mechjeb capable of piloting craft from launch to touchdown with ease)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qe3rxxdhsf7dfjh/The%20Soyutz.craft

Mj6l9.png

1n6hv.png

g0Cr0.png

fJ70V.png

* Subject to pilot skill and ability to resist radiation sickness

** Subject to pilot techniques

***Mechjeb pictured for testing purposes only, .craft file does not contain Mechjeb and is a 100% Stock craft.

Edited by Ronox
New testing data

They do flex, although I've been retesting it, and with the detachable wings 18 m/s is causing the engine to explode. The initial tester had fixed wings and simply bounced from 18m/s. I think they need to be slid down a couple inches to make the claim still valid, to make up for the added flex.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.